flash images - Solaris

This is a discussion on flash images - Solaris ; Now I know in opensolaris there is no patch management. So I want to update the whole system. Before I do this I want to save the whole system. I tried to do this with "flarcreate". The problem is the ...

  1. flash images

    Now I know in opensolaris there is no patch management. So I want to
    update the whole system. Before I do this I want to save the whole
    system. I tried to do this with "flarcreate". The problem is the system
    doesn't recognize the commands "flarcreate" or "flar". I also couldn't
    find a package which contains it. Is "flarcreate" a command which is a
    part of opensolaris? If it is, in which package I can find ist? If not,
    what mechanism is normally used to build system images with
    opensolaris.Normally, for other systems I use clonezilla.

    Stefan

  2. Re: flash images

    On Aug 8, 10:53*am, Stefan Sprungk wrote:
    > Now I know in opensolaris there is no patch management. So I want to
    > update the whole system. Before I do this I want to save the whole
    > system. I tried to do this with "flarcreate". The problem is the system
    > doesn't recognize the commands "flarcreate" or "flar". I also couldn't
    > find a package which contains it. Is "flarcreate" a command which is a
    > part of opensolaris? If it is, in which package *I can find ist? If not,
    > what mechanism is normally used to build system images with
    > opensolaris.Normally, for other systems I use clonezilla.
    >
    > Stefan

    flarcreate is part of the SUNWinst package.

    Rob.

+ Reply to Thread