XEN questions, do I need crossbow? - Solaris

This is a discussion on XEN questions, do I need crossbow? - Solaris ; I want to use XEN to run XP whilst running Solaris . HNow when I create the XEN XP machine it asks for a network adapter I have 2 a wireless and LAN ehternet port. Cant I configure XEN to ...

  1. XEN questions, do I need crossbow?

    I want to use XEN to run XP whilst running Solaris .

    HNow when I create the XEN XP machine it asks for a network adapter

    I have 2 a wireless and LAN ehternet port.

    Cant I configure XEN to use either. It depends upon my location which I will
    be using.

    Wondering if I use Xen and a virtual network adapter could I get around it.

    Any advice welcome.

  2. Re: XEN questions, do I need crossbow?

    GPD wrote:
    > I want to use XEN to run XP whilst running Solaris .
    >
    > HNow when I create the XEN XP machine it asks for a network adapter
    >
    > I have 2 a wireless and LAN ehternet port.
    >
    > Cant I configure XEN to use either. It depends upon my location which I will
    > be using.
    >
    > Wondering if I use Xen and a virtual network adapter could I get around it.

    Use VirtualBox for the XP instances and give it a vnic for its network
    adaptor, see

    http://blogs.sun.com/davetong/entry/...for_virtualbox

    --
    Ian Collins.

  3. Re: XEN questions, do I need crossbow?

    Hi,

    After following the instructions in the this VirtualBox forum, I now
    have Windows running in a VBox with Host Interface Networking

    http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=6748

    GPD wrote:
    > I want to use XEN to run XP whilst running Solaris .
    >
    > HNow when I create the XEN XP machine it asks for a network adapter
    >
    > I have 2 a wireless and LAN ehternet port.
    >
    > Cant I configure XEN to use either. It depends upon my location which I will
    > be using.
    >
    > Wondering if I use Xen and a virtual network adapter could I get around it.
    >
    > Any advice welcome.

+ Reply to Thread