Problem to use remote copy from Solaris X86 to Linux RedHat - Solaris

This is a discussion on Problem to use remote copy from Solaris X86 to Linux RedHat - Solaris ; Hi to All, hope to be clear and hope to find some response to my problem. I have 2 machines one is a RedHat Linux and the other is a Ultra20 Sun X86, I need to be able to use ...

  1. Problem to use remote copy from Solaris X86 to Linux RedHat

    Hi to All,

    hope to be clear and hope to find some response to my problem.

    I have 2 machines one is a RedHat Linux and the other is a Ultra20 Sun
    X86, I need to be able to use the command RCP Remote Copy from Linux
    to Sun and vice versa.

    This becasue I have a software that use this command to share some
    file from differents paltform, I have test manually the follwing
    command:

    From Linux RedHat:
    $/usr/bin/rcp foo_file SunX86:/tmp
    $

    This seem ok, I can check and find the file foo_file in the /tmp of
    the SunStation,
    instead from SunX86 machine:

    $/usr/bin/rcp foo_file_x86 linux:/tmp
    linux: Connection Refused
    $

    This after about 30 sec of waiting...

    I know that I need to have the same user in two machine and the file
    in $HOME of the user must be present the file .rhosts with the right
    acess. In the file /etc/hosts.equiv too it's present in both the
    machine the right permission for the access, in fact from Linux work,
    but not from Solaris...

    What I mistake?
    I need to change something in the user?
    When I try to login with the right user in Solaris I have a lot of
    error message and seem not able to start all the process, maybe I need
    to delete it and restore again, but from the pannel I can't find a
    program to manage the user in Solaris X86.

    So the questions are:

    1) How can I delete and add a new user in Solaris?

    2) How can I check if all the services as rhn, rlogin are running on
    Solaris?

    3) Why work rcp linux->solaris and not vice versa?

    Please somebody help me to understand the question and what I
    mistake...

    Thank you very much,

    Max.B.

  2. Re: Problem to use remote copy from Solaris X86 to Linux RedHat

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 06:40:52 -0700, bonchi.massimo@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hi to All,
    >
    > hope to be clear and hope to find some response to my problem.
    >
    > I have 2 machines one is a RedHat Linux and the other is a Ultra20 Sun
    > X86, I need to be able to use the command RCP Remote Copy from Linux
    > to Sun and vice versa.
    >
    > This becasue I have a software that use this command to share some
    > file from differents paltform, I have test manually the follwing
    > command:
    >
    > From Linux RedHat:
    > $/usr/bin/rcp foo_file SunX86:/tmp
    > $
    >
    > This seem ok, I can check and find the file foo_file in the /tmp of
    > the SunStation,
    > instead from SunX86 machine:
    >
    > $/usr/bin/rcp foo_file_x86 linux:/tmp
    > linux: Connection Refused
    > $
    >
    > This after about 30 sec of waiting...

    "Connection Refused" usually means that no service is running to service
    the request.

    By default the services that support the r tools are not enabled on any
    distribution of Linux that I know of.

    chkconfig --list

    To see what services are turned on and off.

    --
    "Remain calm, we're here to protect you!"

  3. Re: Problem to use remote copy from Solaris X86 to Linux RedHat

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 10:49:57 -0500, Ivan Marsh wrote:

    > By default the services that support the r tools are not enabled on any
    > distribution of Linux that I know of.

    Nor are those services enabled in Solaris 10 unless the installer was
    unconcerned about security.

    For Solaris, man netservices.

    To add a user, useradd(1M), and to delete the user, userde(1M).

  4. Re: Problem to use remote copy from Solaris X86 to Linux RedHat

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 10:53:18 -0500, Dave Uhring wrote:

    > On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 10:49:57 -0500, Ivan Marsh wrote:
    >
    >> By default the services that support the r tools are not enabled on any
    >> distribution of Linux that I know of.

    > Nor are those services enabled in Solaris 10 unless the installer was
    > unconcerned about security.
    >
    > For Solaris, man netservices.
    >
    > To add a user, useradd(1M), and to delete the user, userde(1M).

    s/userde(1M)/userdel(1M)/

  5. Re: Problem to use remote copy from Solaris X86 to Linux RedHat

    Hi and thank you very much,

    yes I have seen that the service rlogin and rhn was not running in the
    Linux machine,
    now I have start it, but the situation are not change too much.

    Now from linux to sunx86 work (It's ok, as before)

    From SunX86 to Linux i have the response

    SunX86$> /usr/bin/rcp foosunx86 linux:/tmp
    Permission denied.

    Now all it's very fast, the response of permission deniend it's very,
    very fast, so something it's change...

    I have the same user on Sun and Linux I have add the file /etc/
    hosts.equiv with + (all it's open) and the file $HOME/.rhosts + + (all
    open any user any machine) but still to have problem of permission
    denied...

    Well... thank you in any way... what do I need to do now ???!!!???

    Ciao,

    MaXB

+ Reply to Thread