solaris 5.11 samba - Solaris

This is a discussion on solaris 5.11 samba - Solaris ; I look for a descritption how to install and configure samba on openSolaris. To configure and enable the NFS was easy. But which packages I need to install to use a samba server? This packages should integrate samba to SMF. ...

  1. solaris 5.11 samba

    I look for a descritption how to install and configure samba on
    openSolaris. To configure and enable the NFS was easy. But which
    packages I need to install to use a samba server? This packages should
    integrate samba to SMF.

    Stefan

  2. Re: solaris 5.11 samba

    stefan.sprungk wrote:
    > I look for a descritption how to install and configure samba on
    > openSolaris. To configure and enable the NFS was easy. But which
    > packages I need to install to use a samba server? This packages should
    > integrate samba to SMF.

    It already is:

    svc:/network/samba:default

    Or try CIFS:

    http://opensolaris.org/os/project/cifs-server/

    --
    Ian Collins.

  3. Re: solaris 5.11 samba

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 19:50:22 +1200, Ian Collins wrote:

    > It already is:
    >
    > svc:/network/samba:default

    On a snv_91 server,

    online Jul_12 svc:/system/idmap:default
    online Jul_16 svc:/network/smb/server:default

    Both are required in addition to /etc/sfw/smb.conf and addition of users
    via smbpasswd.

    The start dates vary because I upgraded the as-shipped Samba to 3.0.30.

+ Reply to Thread