Installation problem - Sonic RecordNow - Solaris

This is a discussion on Installation problem - Sonic RecordNow - Solaris ; I have downloaded Virtual Box and Solaris numerous times but cannot install. Somehow I did it previously but got in trouble and had to remove and start over. I keep getting to the point where I am instructed to find ...

  1. Installation problem - Sonic RecordNow

    I have downloaded Virtual Box and Solaris numerous times but cannot
    install. Somehow I did it previously but got in trouble and had to
    remove and start over. I keep getting to the point where I am
    instructed to find RNENU.emi from the installation package for
    Sonic-RecordNow. That product came installed on my computer and I have
    no installation disk. I checked on the Sonic web site but could not
    find the referenced file. Please advise me how to proceed.

  2. Re: Installation problem - Sonic RecordNow

    quoting RHG (Sun, 20 Jul 2008 16:52:44 -0600):
    > I have downloaded Virtual Box and Solaris numerous times but cannot
    > install.
    > [...] find RNENU.emi from the install package for Sonic-RecordNow.

    What have these products to do with eachother?
    I have numerous solaris installs with virtualbox and without it but have
    never seen Sonic-RecordNow. Isn't this something windowish?

    --
    Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: 01D2433D
    ++ http://nagual.nl/ | SunOS 10u5 05/08 ++

  3. Re: Installation problem - Sonic RecordNow

    Dick Hoogendijk wrote:
    > quoting RHG (Sun, 20 Jul 2008 16:52:44 -0600):
    >> I have downloaded Virtual Box and Solaris numerous times but cannot
    >> install.
    >> [...] find RNENU.emi from the install package for Sonic-RecordNow.

    > What have these products to do with eachother?
    > I have numerous solaris installs with virtualbox and without it but have
    > never seen Sonic-RecordNow. Isn't this something windowish?

    Obviously, this is the problem I'm trying to solve.
    I have repeatedly tried to re-install but get the same message no matter
    how I proceed.
    Can someone please help me so I can get back "on the air" with Solaris.
    I have Virtual Box and the Solaris image files on my machine. How do I
    get them to work together. I would greatly appreciate some help.

  4. Re: Installation problem - Sonic RecordNow

    RHG wrote:
    > Dick Hoogendijk wrote:
    >> quoting RHG (Sun, 20 Jul 2008 16:52:44 -0600):
    >>> I have downloaded Virtual Box and Solaris numerous times but cannot
    >>> install.
    >>> [...] find RNENU.emi from the install package for Sonic-RecordNow.

    >> What have these products to do with eachother?
    >> I have numerous solaris installs with virtualbox and without it but have
    >> never seen Sonic-RecordNow. Isn't this something windowish?
    >>

    > Obviously, this is the problem I'm trying to solve.
    > I have repeatedly tried to re-install but get the same message no matter
    > how I proceed.
    > Can someone please help me so I can get back "on the air" with Solaris.
    > I have Virtual Box and the Solaris image files on my machine. How do I
    > get them to work together. I would greatly appreciate some help.

    Think you have to ask where Windows knowledge is higher than on
    alt.solaris.x86, maybe here:

    http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewforum.php?f=6

    /Thommy M.

    --
    /"\ Join the ASCII | Thommy M. Malmström
    \ / ribbon campaign | AB Hardeberga IT

  5. Re: Installation problem - Sonic RecordNow

    Thommy M. Malmström wrote:
    > RHG wrote:
    >> Dick Hoogendijk wrote:
    >>> quoting RHG (Sun, 20 Jul 2008 16:52:44 -0600):
    >>> What have these products to do with eachother?
    >>> I have numerous solaris installs with virtualbox and without it but have
    >>> never seen Sonic-RecordNow. Isn't this something windowish?
    >>>

    >> Obviously, this is the problem I'm trying to solve.
    >> I have repeatedly tried to re-install but get the same message no matter
    >> how I proceed.
    >> Can someone please help me so I can get back "on the air" with Solaris.
    >> I have Virtual Box and the Solaris image files on my machine. How do I
    >> get them to work together. I would greatly appreciate some help.

    > Think you have to ask where Windows knowledge is higher than on
    > alt.solaris.x86, maybe here:
    >
    > http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewforum.php?f=6
    >

    > /Thommy M.

    Thanks. Tried there. No help. Sun says they'll get back to me. I'll
    keep trying. And hope.

  6. Re: Installation problem - Sonic RecordNow

    RHG wrote:
    > Thommy M. Malmström wrote:
    >> RHG wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> Obviously, this is the problem I'm trying to solve.
    >>> I have repeatedly tried to re-install but get the same message no matter
    >>> how I proceed.
    >>> Can someone please help me so I can get back "on the air" with Solaris.
    >>> I have Virtual Box and the Solaris image files on my machine. How do I
    >>> get them to work together. I would greatly appreciate some help.

    >> Think you have to ask where Windows knowledge is higher than on
    >> alt.solaris.x86, maybe here:
    >>
    >> http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewforum.php?f=6

    > Thanks. Tried there. No help. Sun says they'll get back to me. I'll
    > keep trying. And hope.

    Well I think you need to tell us what exactly you are trying to do and
    why it fails.

    I'm GUESSING you have a Windows box, and that you want to install
    VirtualBox in Windows, and then install Solaris in a VirtualBox VM.
    Correct? Then I can't figure what this has to do with Sonic-RecordNow, a
    CD burning program? VirtualBox can read ISO images, so there should be
    no need to burn any CDs.

    Is it so that you get asked about this RNENU.emi file when you try to
    install VirtualBox? If so, just uninstall RecordNow. If it came
    preloaded on your computer, you should find it in your computer
    manufacturer's support pages.

    --
    Per Espen Hagen
    To reply by mail, replace the obvious with cc

  7. Re: Installation problem - Sonic RecordNow

    Per Espen Hagen wrote:
    > RHG wrote:
    >> Thommy M. Malmström wrote:

    >>> Think you have to ask where Windows knowledge is higher than on
    >>> alt.solaris.x86, maybe here:
    >>>
    >>> http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewforum.php?f=6

    >> Thanks. Tried there. No help. Sun says they'll get back to me.
    >> I'll keep trying. And hope.

    > Well I think you need to tell us what exactly you are trying to do and
    > why it fails.
    >
    > I'm GUESSING you have a Windows box, and that you want to install
    > VirtualBox in Windows, and then install Solaris in a VirtualBox VM.
    > Correct? Then I can't figure what this has to do with Sonic-RecordNow, a
    > CD burning program? VirtualBox can read ISO images, so there should be
    > no need to burn any CDs.
    >
    > Is it so that you get asked about this RNENU.emi file when you try to
    > install VirtualBox? If so, just uninstall RecordNow. If it came
    > preloaded on your computer, you should find it in your computer
    > manufacturer's support pages.

    All of your assumptions are correct. Very insightful. Sorry for not
    having supplied that info at the outset. Anyway, I finally discovered
    the cause of my problem -- me! I had downloaded the wrong version of
    VirtualBox. I apologize to one and all for my stupidity. It is all up
    and running now, but with Fedora rather than Solaris. I had trouble
    getting Solaris to work properly, and Fedora was more familiar to me.

+ Reply to Thread