keyboard synchronisation on solaris guest system - Solaris

This is a discussion on keyboard synchronisation on solaris guest system - Solaris ; On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 17:01:21 +0200, Stefan Sprungk wrote: > Sometimes I hit only one time a key and I get an echo of several times. > This happens only with debian. What could be the problem? Just "several ...

  1. Re: keyboard synchronisation on solaris guest system

    On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 17:01:21 +0200, Stefan Sprungk wrote:

    > Sometimes I hit only one time a key and I get an echo of several times.
    > This happens only with debian. What could be the problem?

    Just "several times"? I sometimes get 20 additional characters

    You can minimize the problem by upgrading to Debian Lenny. Modify
    /etc/apt/sources.list by commenting the cdrom lines and replacing all
    instances of "etch" with "lenny". cp /usr/share/doc/apt/examples/apt.conf
    to /etc/apt and

    [duhring@newton /etc/apt]$ diff /usr/share/doc/apt/examples/apt.conf apt.conf
    11a12,13
    > Assume-Yes "true";
    > Fix-Broken "true";

    19c21
    < Retries "0";
    ---
    > Retries "1";

    Then:

    apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade

    and be prepared to hack /var/lib/dpkg/status to bypass circular
    dependencies.

  2. keyboard synchronisation on solaris guest system

    Now I have realized my virtualisation projekt based on opensolaris and
    virtual box.

    With One of my guest systems I have a little problem. The keyboard
    synchronisation between the solaris host an a debian linux guest isnt
    correct.

    Sometimes I hit only one time a key and I get an echo of several times.
    This happens only with debian. What could be the problem?

    Stefan

  3. Re: keyboard synchronisation on solaris guest system

    Dave Uhring schrieb:
    > On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 17:01:21 +0200, Stefan Sprungk wrote:
    >
    >> Sometimes I hit only one time a key and I get an echo of several times.
    >> This happens only with debian. What could be the problem?

    > Just "several times"? I sometimes get 20 additional characters
    >
    > You can minimize the problem by upgrading to Debian Lenny. Modify
    > /etc/apt/sources.list by commenting the cdrom lines and replacing all
    > instances of "etch" with "lenny". cp /usr/share/doc/apt/examples/apt.conf
    > to /etc/apt and
    >
    > [duhring@newton /etc/apt]$ diff /usr/share/doc/apt/examples/apt.conf apt.conf
    > 11a12,13
    >> Assume-Yes "true";
    >> Fix-Broken "true";

    > 19c21
    > < Retries "0";
    > ---
    >> Retries "1";

    > Then:
    >
    > apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade
    >
    > and be prepared to hack /var/lib/dpkg/status to bypass circular
    > dependencies.

    It seems to be, that the problem is solved know. I got the same problem
    with testing an OpenSUSE 11 guest system. After I have installed the so
    called "Virtual Box guest additions" the problem disappears on both
    systems. To install this software you have to remove the CD Drive and
    you must install the kerner headera.

    Stefan

  4. Re: keyboard synchronisation on solaris guest system

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:07:30 +0200, stefan.sprungk wrote:

    > It seems to be, that the problem is solved know. I got the same problem
    > with testing an OpenSUSE 11 guest system. After I have installed the so
    > called "Virtual Box guest additions" the problem disappears on both
    > systems. To install this software you have to remove the CD Drive and
    > you must install the kerner headera.

    Even with the guest additions installed my Debian guest still has the key
    repetition problem. That was why I failed to mention that addition.

    You don't really have to remove the CD drive but the kernel headers and
    compiler certainly are required. Even if following the user guide
    instructions fail to make the VBoxGuestAdditions.iso available to the
    guest you can copy the image from /opt/VirtualBox/additions/ to an NFS
    share, then mount the NFS share in the guest and loopback mount the ISO
    image.

+ Reply to Thread