Urgent help in bash shell script - Solaris

This is a discussion on Urgent help in bash shell script - Solaris ; Hi All, I am facing strange problem i am using shell script for test automation and some of my scripts are not getting executed rest are working fine for exapmle i have setted one variable as var=/path/executable program name $var ...

  1. Urgent help in bash shell script

    Hi All,

    I am facing strange problem i am using shell script for test
    automation and some of my scripts are not getting executed rest are
    working fine for exapmle i have setted one variable as

    var=/path/executable program name

    $var -c (this works fine where -c is option for program)

    but

    $var --help doesn't work?

    What should i do?

    I have deadline tomorrow and one more problem is i can't use

    i=1
    and
    i=$(($i+1))

    for the test numbers i wanted a integer printing before each test for
    my test case written in shell script...

    Please if any one has idea or faced similar reply as soon as
    possible...

    Thanks and Regards

  2. Re: Urgent help in bash shell script

    nisha jain wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am facing strange problem i am using shell script for test
    > automation and some of my scripts are not getting executed rest are
    > working fine for exapmle i have setted one variable as
    >

    > var=/path/executable program name
    >

    > $var -c (this works fine where -c is option for program)
    >

    > but
    >

    > $var --help doesn't work?
    >

    > What should i do?
    >

    > I have deadline tomorrow and one more problem is i can't use
    >

    > i=1
    > and
    > i=$(($i+1))
    >

    > for the test numbers i wanted a integer printing before each test for
    > my test case written in shell script...
    >

    > Please if any one has idea or faced similar reply as soon as
    > possible...

    I'll sell you the answers for $100US. Are you interested?

  3. Re: Urgent help in bash shell script

    "Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
    > nisha jain wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> I am facing strange problem i am using shell script for test
    >> automation and some of my scripts are not getting executed rest are
    >> working fine for exapmle i have setted one variable as
    >>

    >> var=/path/executable program name
    >>

    >> $var -c (this works fine where -c is option for program)
    >>

    >> but
    >>

    >> $var --help doesn't work?
    >>

    >> What should i do?
    >>

    >> I have deadline tomorrow and one more problem is i can't use
    >>

    >> i=1
    >> and
    >> i=$(($i+1))
    >>

    >> for the test numbers i wanted a integer printing before each test for
    >> my test case written in shell script...
    >>

    >> Please if any one has idea or faced similar reply as soon as
    >> possible...

    > I'll sell you the answers for $100US. Are you interested?

    Good point. They replace talent with people cheaper. But they can't
    computer worth a crap. Especially when good books are out there on this,
    for those that really want to help themselves as opposed to over their
    freaking heads.

+ Reply to Thread