LD_PRELOAD related question - Solaris

This is a discussion on LD_PRELOAD related question - Solaris ; Hi, This question might sound weird but its a long story why I want to do this. I sometimes run my app with a profiling agent 'pre-loaded'. For example: $ env LD_PRELOAD=profiling_agent.so my_app My question: Inside 'my_app', I want to ...

  1. LD_PRELOAD related question

    Hi,

    This question might sound weird but its a long story why I want to do
    this.

    I sometimes run my app with a profiling agent 'pre-loaded'. For
    example:

    $ env LD_PRELOAD=profiling_agent.so my_app

    My question: Inside 'my_app', I want to know if 'profiling_agent.so'
    is running/pre-loaded or not. Can I find out via the /proc interface?

    Regards
    Rajesh

  2. Re: LD_PRELOAD related question

    Rajesh writes:

    > Hi,
    >
    > This question might sound weird but its a long story why I want to do
    > this.
    >
    > I sometimes run my app with a profiling agent 'pre-loaded'. For
    > example:
    >
    > $ env LD_PRELOAD=profiling_agent.so my_app
    >
    > My question: Inside 'my_app', I want to know if 'profiling_agent.so'
    > is running/pre-loaded or not. Can I find out via the /proc interface?

    On Linux, /proc/self/maps should contain this information.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mans@mansr.com

+ Reply to Thread