changing grub choices - Solaris

This is a discussion on changing grub choices - Solaris ; I have a problem with Sun's boot loader. When it pops up, it gives me 2 choices: opensolaris and windows. With no input, it fires up the first: OS. I've had a memory stick in one of the USB ports. ...

  1. changing grub choices

    I have a problem with Sun's boot loader. When it pops up, it gives me 2
    choices: opensolaris and windows. With no input, it fires up the first:
    OS.

    I've had a memory stick in one of the USB ports. If I don't have that
    memory stick in when I get to that bootloader, I can make neither a USB nor
    PS2 keyboard work, leaving me unable to downscroll to get windows.

    How do I boot windows without this stick in?
    --
    The only really happy folk are married women and single men.
    H. L. Mencken

  2. Re: changing grub choices

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 16:05:38 -0600, Ron Ford wrote:

    > I've had a memory stick in one of the USB ports. If I don't have that
    > memory stick in when I get to that bootloader, I can make neither a USB nor
    > PS2 keyboard work, leaving me unable to downscroll to get windows.
    >
    > How do I boot windows without this stick in?

    Edit /rpool/boot/grub/menu.lst

    Change the default number, probably from 0 to 1.

+ Reply to Thread