How to configure Solaris 10, to run remotely x window applicationssuch as xclock, xcal in my local win 2000 computer? - Solaris

This is a discussion on How to configure Solaris 10, to run remotely x window applicationssuch as xclock, xcal in my local win 2000 computer? - Solaris ; Hi, I have two computers. One is a server computer with solaris 10 installed on it, and other one is a window 2000 with Exceed and PUTTY Tools installed. I can login remotely to my Solaris 10 server using PUTTY ...

  1. How to configure Solaris 10, to run remotely x window applicationssuch as xclock, xcal in my local win 2000 computer?

    Hi,

    I have two computers.

    One is a server computer with solaris 10 installed on it, and other
    one is a window 2000 with Exceed and PUTTY Tools installed.

    I can login remotely to my Solaris 10 server using PUTTY in my Window
    2000, but I am not able to run the xclock command!

    I first ran the following command below, in my Window 2000:

    bash-3.00$ export DISPLAY="mylocalcomputername:0.0"

    And then I ran the xclock command, but it doesn't work:

    bash-3.00$ xclock

    The error I am getting is:
    bash-300$ xclock: command not found!

    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance.
    Ed

  2. Re: How to configure Solaris 10, to run remotely x window applications such as xclock, xcal in my local win 2000 computer?

    On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 21:54:07 -0700, Ed wrote:

    > The error I am getting is:
    > bash-300$ xclock: command not found!

    Is /usr/openwin/bin in your $PATH?

  3. Re: How to configure Solaris 10, to run remotely x window applicationssuch as xclock, xcal in my local win 2000 computer?

    Ed wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have two computers.
    >
    > One is a server computer with solaris 10 installed on it, and other
    > one is a window 2000 with Exceed and PUTTY Tools installed.
    >
    > I can login remotely to my Solaris 10 server using PUTTY in my Window
    > 2000, but I am not able to run the xclock command!
    >

    > I first ran the following command below, in my Window 2000:
    >
    > bash-3.00$ export DISPLAY="mylocalcomputername:0.0"
    >

    > And then I ran the xclock command, but it doesn't work:
    >
    > bash-3.00$ xclock
    >

    > The error I am getting is:
    > bash-300$ xclock: command not found!
    >

    > Any ideas?
    >

    > Thanks in advance.
    > Ed

    Could it just possibly be tha xclock is not in your path?

    Try

    /usr/openwin/bin/xclock

  4. Re: How to configure Solaris 10, to run remotely x window applicationssuch as xclock, xcal in my local win 2000 computer?

    Ed wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have two computers.
    >
    > One is a server computer with solaris 10 installed on it, and other
    > one is a window 2000 with Exceed and PUTTY Tools installed.
    >
    > I can login remotely to my Solaris 10 server using PUTTY in my Window
    > 2000, but I am not able to run the xclock command!
    >

    > I first ran the following command below, in my Window 2000:
    >
    > bash-3.00$ export DISPLAY="mylocalcomputername:0.0"
    >

    > And then I ran the xclock command, but it doesn't work:
    >
    > bash-3.00$ xclock
    >

    > The error I am getting is:
    > bash-300$ xclock: command not found!
    >

    > Any ideas?

    Yes! Find out where the xclock executable is stored! Add it to your
    path if necessary. Xclock does not exist on the S8 system I just
    checked. You may not have one! YMMV!

  5. Re: How to configure Solaris 10, to run remotely x windowapplications such as xclock, xcal in my local win 2000 computer?

    On Jul 5, 6:03*am, "Richard B. Gilbert"
    wrote:
    > Ed wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > I have two computers.

    > > One is a server computer with solaris 10 installed on it, and other
    > > one is a window 2000 with Exceed and PUTTY Tools installed.

    > > I can login remotely to my Solaris 10 server using PUTTY in my Window
    > > 2000, but I am not able to run the xclock command!

    > > I first ran the following command below, in my Window 2000:

    > > bash-3.00$ export DISPLAY="mylocalcomputername:0.0"

    > > And then I ran the xclock command, but it doesn't work:

    > > bash-3.00$ xclock

    > > The error I am getting is:
    > > bash-300$ xclock: command not found!

    > > Any ideas?

    > Yes! * Find out where the xclock executable is stored! *Add it to your
    > path if necessary. *Xclock does not exist on the S8 system I just
    > checked. *You may not have one! *YMMV!- Hide quoted text -

    Friends,

    Thanks for your help! That's what I needed!

+ Reply to Thread