SunOS xxx 5.10 Generic_137112-02 i86pc i386 i86pc

On this laptop, the keyboard layout used when using the console is

# kbd -l
type=6
layout=32 (0x20)
delay(ms)=500
rate(ms)=40

The eeprom setting is

# eeprom | grep key
keyboard-layout=UK-English

This kind of works, but the keyboard type should be PC(101) rather than
Sun(6). Keys such as # and ~ are not recognised when using the console.

I've tried resetting the keyboard with kdmconfig, but that only offers the
type 6 layouts, not the type 101 layouts.

Note - this is not a X11/Gnome keyboard problem, that works fine. It is only
when in console mode that the problem arises.

So, how do I change the keyboard type to 101?

Thanks,

--
Don't believe in God? You are not alone. FreeThoughtAction.org