hp deskjet probs. - Solaris

This is a discussion on hp deskjet probs. - Solaris ; Well, have got OpenSolaris running reasonably well but cant get the HP deskjet 845c printer to wurk. Its connected via USB and the system recognises it but when I try and print anything nothing happens. No error msg. I checked ...

  1. hp deskjet probs.

    Well, have got OpenSolaris running reasonably well but cant get the HP
    deskjet 845c printer to wurk. Its connected via USB and the system
    recognises it but when I try and print anything nothing happens. No
    error msg. I checked the Solaris compatibility site and the 845c is not
    on the list BUT if its recognised surely it should print.
    Thanks, Iggle Piggle.

  2. Re: hp deskjet probs.

    On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:41:59 +1000, iggle piggle wrote:

    > Well, have got OpenSolaris running reasonably well but cant get the HP
    > deskjet 845c printer to wurk. Its connected via USB and the system
    > recognises it but when I try and print anything nothing happens. No
    > error msg. I checked the Solaris compatibility site and the 845c is not
    > on the list BUT if its recognised surely it should print.

    If you really want effective help you simply are going to have to tell us
    what you have done. For instance, WTF do you mean "the system recognises
    it"?

    Did you select CUPS as your print service or do you want to go through the
    hassle of using the native Solaris print scheduler?

  3. Re: hp deskjet probs.

    Dave Uhring wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:41:59 +1000, iggle piggle wrote:
    >
    >> Well, have got OpenSolaris running reasonably well but cant get the HP
    >> deskjet 845c printer to wurk. Its connected via USB and the system
    >> recognises it but when I try and print anything nothing happens. No
    >> error msg. I checked the Solaris compatibility site and the 845c is not
    >> on the list BUT if its recognised surely it should print.

    > If you really want effective help you simply are going to have to tell us
    > what you have done. For instance, WTF do you mean "the system recognises
    > it"?
    >

    > Did you select CUPS as your print service or do you want to go through the
    > hassle of using the native Solaris print scheduler?

    I'm sorry. I now realise people like me are much better off with Windows.
    I wont trouble you again :-(
    Iggle Piggle.

  4. Re: hp deskjet probs.

    I don't know about OpenSolaris, but with JDS (Gnome on Solaris10) you
    may be able to use "Preferences/SystemPreferences/Add/Remove Printer",
    or whatever is equivalent.

    iggle piggle wrote:
    > Well, have got OpenSolaris running reasonably well but cant get the HP
    > deskjet 845c printer to wurk. Its connected via USB and the system
    > recognises it but when I try and print anything nothing happens. No
    > error msg. I checked the Solaris compatibility site and the 845c is not
    > on the list BUT if its recognised surely it should print.

+ Reply to Thread