how to set up printer on Solaris 10 x86? - Solaris

This is a discussion on how to set up printer on Solaris 10 x86? - Solaris ; Hi, I have a computer running Solaris 10 x86. I'd like to set up this system to print to an HP Laser Jet printer. However, this printer is already connected to another PC running Windows XP. The printer is physically ...

  1. how to set up printer on Solaris 10 x86?

    Hi,

    I have a computer running Solaris 10 x86. I'd like to set up this
    system to print to an HP Laser Jet printer. However, this printer is
    already connected to another PC running Windows XP. The printer is
    physically connected to the Windows XP via a USB cable. Both
    computers are on the same network.

    Can I still somehow link that printer to the Solaris 10 x86 computer?

    What are the steps to do this?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: how to set up printer on Solaris 10 x86?

    Michelle wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a computer running Solaris 10 x86. I'd like to set up this
    > system to print to an HP Laser Jet printer. However, this printer is
    > already connected to another PC running Windows XP. The printer is
    > physically connected to the Windows XP via a USB cable. Both
    > computers are on the same network.
    >
    > Can I still somehow link that printer to the Solaris 10 x86 computer?
    >
    > What are the steps to do this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    use # /usr/sbin/printmgr
    menu choose
    fill in the printer name & server, description.
    Dont know if windows accepts remote printing by default.
    /Jorgen

  3. Re: how to set up printer on Solaris 10 x86?

    In article <945b1e37-1288-45b2-a5a8-36ac482f981f@q27g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
    Michelle wrote:
    >I have a computer running Solaris 10 x86. I'd like to set up this
    >system to print to an HP Laser Jet printer. However, this printer is
    >already connected to another PC running Windows XP. The printer is
    >physically connected to the Windows XP via a USB cable. Both
    >computers are on the same network.

    What is the model of your HP LaserJet?

    Have you configured the LPD service on your Windows XP printer server?

    John
    groenveld@acm.org

+ Reply to Thread