[SVOSUG] Darryl Gove - Solaris Application Programming, Thur 05/22 - Solaris

This is a discussion on [SVOSUG] Darryl Gove - Solaris Application Programming, Thur 05/22 - Solaris ; Darryl Gove, author of the recent Prentice Hall publication, "Solaris Application Programming", will be joining us for this month's meeting. This is an excellent book for OpenSolaris developers at large. This month we're planning to change the format, in interest ...

  1. [SVOSUG] Darryl Gove - Solaris Application Programming, Thur 05/22

    Darryl Gove, author of the recent Prentice Hall publication, "Solaris
    Application Programming", will be joining us for this month's meeting.
    This is an excellent book for OpenSolaris developers at large.

    This month we're planning to change the format, in interest of a
    community meeting where members of the community can be more
    interactive with each other.

    The typical format for a user group is to have a 1-2 hour
    presentation, with questions...and rather than focusing on a large
    presentation, I'd like to try and have several small presentation,
    including the members of the community who have helpful or interesting
    things they're doing on OpenSolaris. I've thought of having several
    laptops that users could wander around to and watch a short
    presentation, but not sure we can have that setup this month or not.

    We will continue meeting in the Mansion, and will try to use the space
    inside to suite our needs, please join us in this special space and
    enjoy the company of your fellow OpenSolaris and other open source
    community members as well.

    I spoke at the BayLISA meeting last week, and will be speaking at
    SVLUG on June 4th, and EBLUG on June 18th. I'm inviting other
    communities to join us, and would like to hear from some of them if
    they would like to give the community a perspective on the system(s)
    they use, what they use them for, and/or if they have interest in
    OpenSolaris.

    Please feel free to join us, for a drink, a snack, some good open
    source
    talk, and a chance to talk to some of the OpenSolaris engineers. Feel
    free
    to bring your own bottle, a snack, or something to share if inclined,
    no
    entry required so feel free to join us without concern of bringing
    something.

    When: Thursday, May 22, 2008
    Where: Sun's Santa Clara Campus Auditorium (SCA07, the Mansion)
    What: Darryl Gove - Solaris Application Programming
    Time: 7:30pm-10:00pm

    Google Maps:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=4070+George+Sellon+Circle,+Santa+Clara,$

    SVOSUG Project Page, for video:
    http://opensolaris.org/os/project/svosug/

    If you haven't been to the Mansion before, as you enter the Sun campus
    on
    Palm, from Lafayette, the Mansion is the first building on the left,
    as I
    recall. There is parking all around, a small lot in the rear, parking
    on
    Palm, and a huge lot on the other side of the Auditorium.

  2. Re: Darryl Gove - Solaris Application Programming, Thur 05/22

    **** REMINDER **** REMINDER **** REMINDER ****

    Feel free to stop by for a drink and conversation.

    ajd

+ Reply to Thread