opensolaris 2008.05 - network-config GUI broken? - Solaris

This is a discussion on opensolaris 2008.05 - network-config GUI broken? - Solaris ; I cannot make the network-config GUI work correctly. It forgets settings or incorrectly configures NICs. I have no problems setting the network up using ifconfig/route and editing the various files by hand. Is this a known problem or have I ...

  1. opensolaris 2008.05 - network-config GUI broken?

    I cannot make the network-config GUI work correctly. It forgets settings or
    incorrectly configures NICs. I have no problems setting the network up
    using ifconfig/route and editing the various files by hand.

    Is this a known problem or have I been specially selected?

    --
    Atheist: One who denies or disbelieves in the existence of gods.

  2. Re: opensolaris 2008.05 - network-config GUI broken?

    On Fri, 16 May 2008 20:52:52 +0000, Geoff Lane wrote:

    > I cannot make the network-config GUI work correctly.

    Then don't use it. I posted a complete recipe for setting a static
    configuration in comp.unix.solaris a few days ago.

    Since you tried to use that GUI thingy you will probably also have to
    plumb your NIC again.

+ Reply to Thread