Printing on Solaris 10 - Solaris

This is a discussion on Printing on Solaris 10 - Solaris ; I have done the ppd-file for the Canon PIXMA IP3000 printer in the directory /usr/lib/lp/model/ppd/system/foomatic/Canon but the printer manager don't recognize the ppd file. What is to do? Wolfgang...

  1. Printing on Solaris 10

    I have done the ppd-file for the Canon PIXMA IP3000 printer in the
    directory /usr/lib/lp/model/ppd/system/foomatic/Canon but the printer
    manager don't recognize the ppd file. What is to do?

    Wolfgang

  2. Re: Printing on Solaris 10

    On Mon, 12 May 2008 14:55:36 +0200, Wolfgang Maron wrote:

    > I have done the ppd-file for the Canon PIXMA IP3000 printer in the
    > directory /usr/lib/lp/model/ppd/system/foomatic/Canon but the printer
    > manager don't recognize the ppd file. What is to do?

    Wuss indeed. You may have to hand edit the
    /usr/lib/lp/model/ppd/ppdcache file as well. Perhaps more.
    From memory I believe I had to do that to get my rather
    generic HP 2550 Color Laser recognized. If there is an easier
    maybe someone would care to share : >

  3. Re: Printing on Solaris 10

    Wolfgang Maron wrote:

    > I have done the ppd-file for the Canon PIXMA IP3000 printer in the
    > directory /usr/lib/lp/model/ppd/system/foomatic/Canon but the printer
    > manager don't recognize the ppd file. What is to do?

    Revert to command line with something like this...

    # /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p pixma_ip3000 -s schumi -v /dev/null \
    -m netstandard_foomatic -o dest=canonprinter:9100 \
    -o protocol=tcp -I postscript \
    -n /usr/lib/lp/model/ppd/system/foomatic/Canon/Canon_PIXMA_IP3000.ppd.gz \
    -o Duplex=DuplexNoTumble -u allow:all -o banner=never

    # /usr/sbin/accept pixma_ip3000
    # /usr/bin/enable pixma_ip3000

+ Reply to Thread