OpenSolaris 2008.05 and Asus EEE PC - Solaris

This is a discussion on OpenSolaris 2008.05 and Asus EEE PC - Solaris ; Having an ASUS EEE PC, a USB DVD drive and a copy of OpenSolaris 2008.05 LiveCD to hand I though I would try the obvious... OS2008.05 boots fine but the EEE keyboard can't be used so I can't get past ...

  1. OpenSolaris 2008.05 and Asus EEE PC

    Having an ASUS EEE PC, a USB DVD drive and a copy of OpenSolaris 2008.05
    LiveCD to hand I though I would try the obvious...

    OS2008.05 boots fine but the EEE keyboard can't be used so I can't get past
    the keyboard layout question (despite the message "USB keyboard" appearing
    on the screen.) I've read in blogs that earlier development versions of
    Nevada worked without problem on the EEE.

    Anybody know of a fix or workaround?

    Thanks,

    --
    Atheism: Godless, not believing in the existence of gods.

  2. Re: OpenSolaris 2008.05 and Asus EEE PC

    Geoff Lane wrote:
    > Having an ASUS EEE PC, a USB DVD drive and a copy of OpenSolaris 2008.05
    > LiveCD to hand I though I would try the obvious...
    >
    > OS2008.05 boots fine but the EEE keyboard can't be used so I can't get past
    > the keyboard layout question (despite the message "USB keyboard" appearing
    > on the screen.) I've read in blogs that earlier development versions of
    > Nevada worked without problem on the EEE.
    >
    > Anybody know of a fix or workaround?
    >
    > Thanks,

    I don't know, but would be interested. I am thinking of buying one myself.

    Are you aware of the laptop forum on the opensolaris forums?

    http://opensolaris.org/jive/category.jspa?categoryID=35

    I've found that quite good for resolving issues with my Sony vaio
    SZ4-XWN/C laptop. I have everything working except the camera and
    fingerprint reader.

  3. Re: OpenSolaris 2008.05 and Asus EEE PC

    On May 11, 10:44 am, Geoff Lane wrote:
    > Having an ASUS EEE PC, a USB DVD drive and a copy of OpenSolaris 2008.05
    > LiveCD to hand I though I would try the obvious...
    >
    > OS2008.05 boots fine but the EEE keyboard can't be used so I can't get past
    > the keyboard layout question (despite the message "USB keyboard" appearing
    > on the screen.) I've read in blogs that earlier development versions of
    > Nevada worked without problem on the EEE.
    >
    > Anybody know of a fix or workaround?

    I haven't got mine to install yet (need more than 512 of RAM to run
    the forsaken live[cd/usb]). You can workaround it with a USB keyboard.
    If you google for a while you'll come to see what I've read, which is
    that the problem is only visible when using the live media.

+ Reply to Thread