    hi,

    Just downloaded virtualbox v1.6 to run win2k for checkpoint
    secureclient. Unfortunately the configuration requires
    virtual machine to have a host direct connection; this fails
    as /usr/lib/vna is not available.

    Is this software available for solaris 10 x86?

    TIA

  2. Re: VirtualBox v1.6 on Solaris 10 5/08

    On 2008-05-09 19:19:02 +0100, solx said:

    > hi,
    >
    > Just downloaded virtualbox v1.6 to run win2k for checkpoint
    > secureclient. Unfortunately the configuration requires
    > virtual machine to have a host direct connection; this fails
    > as /usr/lib/vna is not available.
    >
    > Is this software available for solaris 10 x86?

    Sun offer VirtualBox for Solaris 10 for download, but the package you
    download for Solaris 10 is precisely the same as the package you
    download for OpenSolaris. Same MD5 hash.

    As it relies on libraries only present in OpenSolaris (eg libdlpi) it
    simply will not work on Solaris 10.

    This is a great shame.

    OTOH it made me upgrade my box to OpenSolaris 2008.05 and VirtualBox is
    running quite happily now :-)

    Cheers,

    Chris

  3. Re: VirtualBox v1.6 on Solaris 10 5/08

    Chris Ridd wrote:
    > On 2008-05-09 19:19:02 +0100, solx said:
    >
    >> hi,
    >>
    >> Just downloaded virtualbox v1.6 to run win2k for checkpoint
    >> secureclient. Unfortunately the configuration requires
    >> virtual machine to have a host direct connection; this fails
    >> as /usr/lib/vna is not available.
    >>
    >> Is this software available for solaris 10 x86?

    > Sun offer VirtualBox for Solaris 10 for download, but the package you
    > download for Solaris 10 is precisely the same as the package you
    > download for OpenSolaris. Same MD5 hash.
    >
    > As it relies on libraries only present in OpenSolaris (eg libdlpi) it
    > simply will not work on Solaris 10.
    >
    > This is a great shame.
    >
    > OTOH it made me upgrade my box to OpenSolaris 2008.05 and VirtualBox is
    > running quite happily now :-)
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Chris

    Would it be possible to add the necessary components via the software
    companion cd?

  4. Re: VirtualBox v1.6 on Solaris 10 5/08

    solx schrieb:
    > Chris Ridd wrote:
    >> On 2008-05-09 19:19:02 +0100, solx said:
    >>
    >>> hi,
    >>>
    >>> Just downloaded virtualbox v1.6 to run win2k for checkpoint
    >>> secureclient. Unfortunately the configuration requires
    >>> virtual machine to have a host direct connection; this fails
    >>> as /usr/lib/vna is not available.
    >>>
    >>> Is this software available for solaris 10 x86?

    >> Sun offer VirtualBox for Solaris 10 for download, but the package you
    >> download for Solaris 10 is precisely the same as the package you
    >> download for OpenSolaris. Same MD5 hash.
    >>
    >> As it relies on libraries only present in OpenSolaris (eg libdlpi) it
    >> simply will not work on Solaris 10.
    >>
    >> This is a great shame.
    >>
    >> OTOH it made me upgrade my box to OpenSolaris 2008.05 and VirtualBox
    >> is running quite happily now :-)
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Chris
    >>

    > Would it be possible to add the necessary components via the software
    > companion cd?

    Read the user manual, especially the note about Solaris 10 on page 24.

    Regards
    Andreas

  5. Re: VirtualBox v1.6 on Solaris 10 5/08

    On 2008-05-09 20:26:59 +0100, Andreas Wacknitz said:

    > Read the user manual, especially the note about Solaris 10 on page 24.

    Several people have reported that copying libdlpi from elsewhere
    doesn't work in 1.6.0.

    Cheers,

    Chris

  6. Re: VirtualBox v1.6 on Solaris 10 5/08

    solx wrote:
    > Chris Ridd wrote:
    >> On 2008-05-09 19:19:02 +0100, solx said:
    >>
    >>> hi,
    >>>
    >>> Just downloaded virtualbox v1.6 to run win2k for checkpoint
    >>> secureclient. Unfortunately the configuration requires
    >>> virtual machine to have a host direct connection; this fails
    >>> as /usr/lib/vna is not available.
    >>>
    >>> Is this software available for solaris 10 x86?

    >> Sun offer VirtualBox for Solaris 10 for download, but the package you
    >> download for Solaris 10 is precisely the same as the package you
    >> download for OpenSolaris. Same MD5 hash.
    >>
    >> As it relies on libraries only present in OpenSolaris (eg libdlpi) it
    >> simply will not work on Solaris 10.
    >>
    >> This is a great shame.
    >>
    >> OTOH it made me upgrade my box to OpenSolaris 2008.05 and VirtualBox
    >> is running quite happily now :-)
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Chris
    >>

    > Would it be possible to add the necessary components via the software
    > companion cd?

    Try this link, not tried this myself but was thinking about it.

    http://unixsadm.blogspot.com/2008/02...alization.html

  7. Re: VirtualBox v1.6 on Solaris 10 5/08

    On 2008-05-11 22:48:35 +0100, John Doe said:

    > Try this link, not tried this myself but was thinking about it.
    >

    > http://unixsadm.blogspot.com/2008/02...alization.html

    That's a bit out of date - there's some current advice at
    which apparently
    works.

    But you have to wonder a bit at the level of testing that went on for
    Sun to even *think* this stuff worked on a vanilla S10 box.

    Cheers,

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread