CUPS 1.3 package - Solaris

This is a discussion on CUPS 1.3 package - Solaris ; Does anyone know where I can get a fairly recent package of CUPS for Solaris? We can't get the older version posted in the Sun website to connect with Windows printers via Samba....

  1. CUPS 1.3 package

    Does anyone know where I can get a fairly recent package of CUPS for
    Solaris? We can't get the older version posted in the Sun website to
    connect with Windows printers via Samba.

  2. Re: CUPS 1.3 package

    On Thu, 08 May 2008 02:10:22 -0700, Jett wrote:

    > Does anyone know where I can get a fairly recent package of CUPS for
    > Solaris? We can't get the older version posted in the Sun website to
    > connect with Windows printers via Samba.

    It builds easily from source using the gcc which should already be on your
    system and gmake. Contact me if you want my configuration options.

  3. Re: CUPS 1.3 package

    On May 8, 7:28*pm, Dave Uhring wrote:
    > On Thu, 08 May 2008 02:10:22 -0700, Jett wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know where I can get a fairly recent package of CUPS for
    > > Solaris? We can't get the older version posted in the Sun website to
    > > connect with Windows printers via Samba.

    > It builds easily from source using the gcc which should already be on your
    > system and gmake. *Contact me if you want my configuration options.

    Thanks Dave. We realized that compiling was the best way to go. After
    downloading and installing gcc and binutils we were successful in
    compiling and installing CUPS.

+ Reply to Thread