question on "mount -F ufs" command - Solaris

This is a discussion on question on "mount -F ufs" command - Solaris ; I followed the following instructions to format my external hard drive. http://padraigs.blogspot.com/2007/03...-external.html The "newfs" command completed without any errors. But when I run the last command, it failed. Here's what happened. Any suggestions how to fix this? # rmformat -l ...

  1. question on "mount -F ufs" command

    I followed the following instructions to format my external hard
    drive.

    http://padraigs.blogspot.com/2007/03...-external.html

    The "newfs" command completed without any errors. But when I run the
    last command,
    it failed. Here's what happened. Any suggestions how to fix this?

    # rmformat -l

    Looking for devices...
    1. Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0p0
    Physical Node: /pci@0,0/pci-ide@14,1/ide@0/sd@0,0
    Connected Device: SONY DVD RW AW-G170A 1.75
    Device Type: DVD Reader/Writer
    2. Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0p0
    Physical Node: /pci@0,0/pci1043,81ef@13,5/storage@2/disk@0,0
    Connected Device: Maxtor OneTouch 0121
    Device Type: Removable

    # mount -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0p0 /mnt

    mount: /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0p0 not a block device

  2. Re: question on "mount -F ufs" command

    On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:30:36 -0700, Michelle wrote:

    > # mount -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0p0 /mnt
    >
    > mount: /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0p0 not a block device

    /dev/rdsk refers to the raw device; /dev/dsk to the filesystem and one
    mounts filesystems not raw devices.

    However, you have not specified any correct Solaris partition anyway.
    Post the output of

    prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0s2

+ Reply to Thread