archives ?? - Solaris

This is a discussion on archives ?? - Solaris ; Is there a site to download older versions of solaris 10 ? The sun site only has latest versions. I want older version since it might support my older hardware better. Thanx grant...

  1. archives ??

    Is there a site to download older versions of solaris 10 ?
    The sun site only has latest versions.
    I want older version since it might support my older hardware better.

    Thanx

    grant

  2. Re: archives ??

    In article <47f3be00$1@clear.net.nz>, Grant wrote:
    >Is there a site to download older versions of solaris 10 ?

    No.

    >I want older version since it might support my older hardware better.

    What is your hardware?

    John
    groenveld@acm.org

  3. Re: archives ??

    John D Groenveld wrote:
    > In article <47f3be00$1@clear.net.nz>, Grant wrote:
    >> Is there a site to download older versions of solaris 10 ?

    > No.
    >
    >> I want older version since it might support my older hardware better.

    > What is your hardware?
    >
    > John
    > groenveld@acm.org

    A Pentium 2 laptop with 192M ram(max)

    I also have a Compaq Evo N800v which refuses to accept a solaris
    installation that uses grub (I have tried acpi options with no success)
    The old solaris bootloader used to work fine.

    So an old ver of solaris with origional bootloader would be fine

    Also looking for an old ver of solaris 10 for sparc hardware

    cheers

    grant

  4. Re: archives ??

    In article <47f4945a$1@clear.net.nz>, Grant wrote:
    >A Pentium 2 laptop with 192M ram(max)

    You probably can find Solaris 9 on eBay.
    Its still supported and the recommended/security patches won't cause
    your installation to break.

    Alternatively, I believe Juergen Kiel has posted instructions on
    booting Solaris Express on tiny memory hardware.

    John
    groenveld@acm.org

+ Reply to Thread