have a program, the tool menu interface is written in TCL/TK, the problem
is:
click on the button on the tool menu, to run Oracle DMS and start a Database
report output to screen( .c code), in the code, I use XmTextInsert() and XFlush(), while the report is running (output to screen, total
around 5-8min), if click on another option on the tool menu, the whole
screen will freeze. This problem only occured when I test it at Solaris PC.
The problem only seems to affect the display being used as I was able to
access the same PC remotely after i had hung.

Do you have any idea about the problem? if so how to solve it in software?

Thanks a lot.