cdrtool error message - Solaris

This is a discussion on cdrtool error message - Solaris ; I download the source code of last version of cdrtool to write on my DVD/RW. I download cdrtools-2.01.01a38.tar.gz. I gunzip and untar the file and call make and then make install so I found that messages when I failed to ...

  1. cdrtool error message

    I download the source code of last version of cdrtool to write on my
    DVD/RW. I download cdrtools-2.01.01a38.tar.gz.
    I gunzip and untar the file and call make and then make install so I
    found that messages when I failed to write on my DVD :

    Cdrecord-Clone 2.01 (i386-pc-solaris2.10) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 J�rg
    Schilling
    TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
    scsidev: '1,1,0'
    scsibus: 1 target: 1 lun: 0
    Warning: Using USCSI interface.
    Warning: Volume management is running, medialess managed drives are
    invisible.
    Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
    SCSI buffer size: 57344
    atapi: 1
    Device type : Removable CD-ROM
    Version : 0
    Response Format: 2
    Capabilities :
    Vendor_info : 'HL-DT-ST'
    Identifikation : 'DVDRAM GSA-H42N '
    Revision : 'RL00'
    Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
    Current: 0x0014
    Profile: 0x0012
    Profile: 0x0011
    Profile: 0x0015
    Profile: 0x0016
    Profile: 0x0014 (current)
    Profile: 0x0013 (current)
    Profile: 0x001A
    Profile: 0x001B
    Profile: 0x002B
    Profile: 0x0010
    Profile: 0x0009
    Profile: 0x000A
    Profile: 0x0008
    Profile: 0x0002
    cdrecord: Found DVD media but DVD-R/DVD-RW support code is missing.
    cdrecord: If you need DVD-R/DVD-RW support, ask the Author for
    cdrecord-ProDVD.
    cdrecord: Free test versions and free keys for personal use are at
    ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/
    cdrecord: This version of cdrecord does not include DVD-R/DVD-RW
    support code.
    cdrecord: If you need DVD-R/DVD-RW support, ask the Author for
    cdrecord-ProDVD.
    cdrecord: Free test versions and free keys for personal use are at
    ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/
    Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD/DVD driver (checks media) (mmc_cd_dvd).
    Driver flags : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
    Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P RAW/
    R96R
    Drive buf size : 1114112 = 1088 KB
    Drive DMA Speed: 2994 kB/s 17x CD 2x DVD
    FIFO size : 4194304 = 4096 KB
    Track 01: data unknown length
    Total size: 0 MB (00:00.00) = 0 sectors
    Lout start: 0 MB (00:02/00) = 0 sectors
    Current Secsize: 2048
    cdrecord: WARNING: Total disk size unknown. Data may not fit on disk.
    Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 7 in real TAO mode for single
    session.
    Last chance to quit, starting real write 0 seconds. Operation
    starts.
    Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... input buffer
    ready.
    cdrecord: Unspecified command not implemented for this drive.
    cdrecord: Cannot get next writable address.
    Writing time: 0.017s
    Fixating...
    Fixating time: 0.000s
    cdrecord: fifo had 73 puts and 0 gets.
    cdrecord: fifo was 0 times empty and 0 times full, min fill was 100%.

  2. Re: cdrtool error message

    happytoday wrote:
    > I download the source code of last version of cdrtool to write on my
    > DVD/RW. I download cdrtools-2.01.01a38.tar.gz.
    > I gunzip and untar the file and call make and then make install so I
    > found that messages when I failed to write on my DVD :
    >
    > Cdrecord-Clone 2.01 (i386-pc-solaris2.10) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 J�rg
    > Schilling

    > cdrecord: Found DVD media but DVD-R/DVD-RW support code is missing.
    > cdrecord: If you need DVD-R/DVD-RW support, ask the Author for
    > cdrecord-ProDVD.
    > cdrecord: Free test versions and free keys for personal use are at
    > ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/
    > cdrecord: This version of cdrecord does not include DVD-R/DVD-RW
    > support code.
    > cdrecord: If you need DVD-R/DVD-RW support, ask the Author for
    > cdrecord-ProDVD.

    Did you, as requested, ask the author for cdrecord-ProDVD???????

  3. Re: cdrtool error message

    On Mar 29, 8:23 am, "Richard B. Gilbert"
    wrote:
    > happytoday wrote:
    > > I download the source code of last version of cdrtool to write on my
    > > DVD/RW. I download cdrtools-2.01.01a38.tar.gz.
    > > I gunzip and untar the file and call make and then make install so I
    > > found that messages when I failed to write on my DVD :
    > > Cdrecord-Clone 2.01 (i386-pc-solaris2.10) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 J�rg
    > > Schilling

    > > cdrecord: Found DVD media but DVD-R/DVD-RW support code is missing.
    > > cdrecord: If you need DVD-R/DVD-RW support, ask the Author for
    > > cdrecord-ProDVD.
    > > cdrecord: Free test versions and free keys for personal use are at
    > >ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/
    > > cdrecord: This version of cdrecord does not include DVD-R/DVD-RW
    > > support code.
    > > cdrecord: If you need DVD-R/DVD-RW support, ask the Author for
    > > cdrecord-ProDVD.

    > Did you, as requested, ask the author for cdrecord-ProDVD???????

    Actually its WAY lamer than that. The dummy is using /usr/bin/cdrecord
    after
    compiling a newer one which does NOT require such things anymore : /

  4. Re: cdrtool error message

    On Mar 29, 6:20 pm, usenetpersonger...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Mar 29, 8:23 am, "Richard B. Gilbert"
    > wrote:
    >

    > > happytoday wrote:
    > > > I download the source code of last version of cdrtool to write on my
    > > > DVD/RW. I download cdrtools-2.01.01a38.tar.gz.
    > > > I gunzip and untar the file and call make and then make install so I
    > > > found that messages when I failed to write on my DVD :
    > > > Cdrecord-Clone 2.01 (i386-pc-solaris2.10) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 J�rg
    > > > Schilling

    > > > cdrecord: Found DVD media but DVD-R/DVD-RW support code is missing.
    > > > cdrecord: If you need DVD-R/DVD-RW support, ask the Author for
    > > > cdrecord-ProDVD.
    > > > cdrecord: Free test versions and free keys for personal use are at
    > > >ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/
    > > > cdrecord: This version of cdrecord does not include DVD-R/DVD-RW
    > > > support code.
    > > > cdrecord: If you need DVD-R/DVD-RW support, ask the Author for
    > > > cdrecord-ProDVD.

    > > Did you, as requested, ask the author for cdrecord-ProDVD???????

    > Actually its WAY lamer than that. The dummy is using /usr/bin/cdrecord
    > after
    > compiling a newer one which does NOT require such things anymore : /

    Oka I am sorry . I removed old cdrecord and executed the commands from
    shell script :

    case 9:
    /etc/init.d/volmgt stop
    echo 'Enter path of directory : '
    set directory="$<"
    csh /etc/init.d/volmgt stop
    mkisofs -R $directory | cdrecord -v dev=1,1,0 -

    I got the below error :

    cdrecord: No write mode specified.
    cdrecord: Asuming -sao mode.
    cdrecord: If your drive does not accept -sao, try -tao.
    cdrecord: Future versions of cdrecord may have different drive
    dependent defaults.
    Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a38 (i386-pc-solaris2.10) Copyright
    (C) 1995-2008 J�rg Schilling
    TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
    scsidev: '1,1,0'
    scsibus: 1 target: 1 lun: 0
    Warning: Using USCSI interface.
    Using libscg version 'schily-0.9'.
    SCSI buffer size: 57344
    atapi: 1
    Device type : Removable CD-ROM
    Version : 0
    Response Format: 2
    Capabilities :
    Vendor_info : 'HL-DT-ST'
    Identifikation : 'DVDRAM GSA-H42N '
    Revision : 'RL00'
    Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM.
    Current: DVD-RW sequential recording
    Profile: DVD-RAM
    Profile: DVD-R sequential recording
    Profile: DVD-R/DL sequential recording
    Profile: DVD-R/DL layer jump recording
    Profile: DVD-RW sequential recording (current)
    Profile: DVD-RW restricted overwrite (current)
    Profile: DVD+RW
    Profile: DVD+R
    Profile: DVD+R/DL
    Profile: DVD-ROM
    Profile: CD-R
    Profile: CD-RW
    Profile: CD-ROM
    Profile: Removable Disk
    Using generic SCSI-3/mmc-2 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM driver (mmc_dvd).
    Driver flags : NO-CD DVD MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
    Supported modes: PACKET SAO LAYER_JUMP
    Drive buf size : 1114112 = 1088 KB
    Drive pbuf size: 1966080 = 1920 KB
    Drive DMA Speed: 2614 kB/s 14x CD 1x DVD 0x BD
    FIFO size : 4194304 = 4096 KB
    Track 01: data unknown length
    cdrecord: Track 1 has unknown length.
    cdrecord: Use tsize= option in SAO mode to specify track size.

  5. Re: cdrtool error message

    On Mar 29, 9:48 am, happytoday wrote:
    > On Mar 29, 6:20 pm, usenetpersonger...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > On Mar 29, 8:23 am, "Richard B. Gilbert"
    > > wrote:

    > > > Did you, as requested, ask the author for cdrecord-ProDVD???????

    > > Actually its WAY lamer than that. The dummy is using /usr/bin/cdrecord
    > > after compiling a newer one which does NOT require such things anymore :/

    > Oka I am sorry . I removed old cdrecord

    Seems you do everything wrong. Why the fsck remove things from the
    base install?
    Jeeze

    >and executed the commands from
    > shell script :
    >
    > case 9:
    > /etc/init.d/volmgt stop
    > echo 'Enter path of directory : '
    > set directory="$<"
    > csh /etc/init.d/volmgt stop
    > mkisofs -R $directory | cdrecord -v dev=1,1,0 -

    csh?? you are definitely warped

    > I got the below error :

    noise removed

    > Track 01: data unknown length
    > cdrecord: Track 1 has unknown length.
    > cdrecord: Use tsize= option in SAO mode to specify track size.

    I recall this as documented behaviour. Pass the tsize. man mkisofs

+ Reply to Thread