Cursor disappears after logging out - Solaris

This is a discussion on Cursor disappears after logging out - Solaris ; Many times, after logging out, the cursor disappears on Solaris 10, x86. I know the cursor is there, but I just cannot see it. The reason I know this, is because as I move the mouse around, and click, I ...

  1. Cursor disappears after logging out

    Many times, after logging out, the cursor disappears on Solaris 10,
    x86.
    I know the cursor is there, but I just cannot see it. The reason I
    know this,
    is because as I move the mouse around, and click, I still can open up
    the "Terminal".

    So somehow, the cursor just disappears after I log out off a user's
    account.
    So to get the cursor back, I have to go onto another system, telnet
    over to this system,
    reboot the system, and then, I can get the cursor back.

    Anyone seen this problem and knows how to fix it? Thanks.

  2. Re: Cursor disappears after logging out

    On Mar 25, 1:10 pm, Michelle wrote:
    > Many times, after logging out, the cursor disappears on Solaris 10,
    > x86.
    > I know the cursor is there, but I just cannot see it. The reason I
    > know this,
    > is because as I move the mouse around, and click, I still can open up
    > the "Terminal".
    >
    > So somehow, the cursor just disappears after I log out off a user's
    > account.
    > So to get the cursor back, I have to go onto another system, telnet
    > over to this system,
    > reboot the system, and then, I can get the cursor back.
    >
    > Anyone seen this problem and knows how to fix it? Thanks.

    If your machine has an NVIDIA graphics card, download the driver of
    of Nvidia's site and install. That fixed the problem for me...

+ Reply to Thread