[SVOSUG] Introduction to FMAC, Thursday 03/28/08 - Solaris

This is a discussion on [SVOSUG] Introduction to FMAC, Thursday 03/28/08 - Solaris ; This month's meeting brings us John Weeks to speak about a new and interesting technology for OpenSolaris. You will hear about the Flexible Mandatory Access Control, a recent project which seeks to add the Flux Advanced Security Kernel (Flask) architecture ...

  1. [SVOSUG] Introduction to FMAC, Thursday 03/28/08

    This month's meeting brings us John Weeks to speak about a new and
    interesting technology for OpenSolaris. You will hear about the
    Flexible Mandatory Access Control, a recent project which seeks to add
    the Flux Advanced Security Kernel (Flask) architecture and Type
    Enforcement (TE) to OpenSolaris.

    Joining John Weeks as a leader of this project is Stephen Smalley, the
    architect of Flask/TE.

    FMAC can be read about on the OpenSolaris website at:

    http://opensolaris.org/os/project/fmac/

    John Weeks works in the SunFed division of Sun Microsystems, and some
    of you might recognize his name. He was the other engineer that worked
    with me to assist in bringing OpenOffice and Mozilla products to
    Solaris x86 before Sun was able to provide them in the base operating
    system. Things have changed, but John has been there in the trenches
    trying to provide the community with better software. FMAC shows
    promise as being yet another great technology which John is trying to
    bring to your OpenSolaris systems.

    In addtition to John's presention, I will be giving a short
    presentation on a QuickStart docment which John created to assist
    folks in being able to install, setup the tools, grab the sources,
    build, and install OpenSolaris to an existing system. I will be
    putting the document up on Genunix soon under a wiki so that we can
    all add and tailor this document to accomodate the various communities
    at large. This is targeted as a QuickStart specific, not as a
    comprehensive document. Look for this OpenSolaris Build QuickStart
    coming to a wiki near you soon!

    When: Thursday, March 28, 2008
    Where: Sun's Santa Clara Campus Auditorium (SCA03 upstairs)
    What: Introduction to Flexible Mandatory Access Control (FMAC)
    Time: 7:30pm-10:00pm

    Web: http://opensolaris.org/os/project/svosug/

    Hope to see you there, and if not, hope you see us!

  2. Re: Introduction to FMAC, Thursday 03/27/08

    **** REMINDER **** REMINDER **** REMINDER **** REMINDER ****

    This meeting is tonight at 7:30pm, 6 hours from now (aprox). I screwed
    up
    and bad put 3/28 on the original message, but most know we meet on
    Thurs.
    Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.

    Please join us on the web if you're not local, for tonight's meeting.

    On Mar 25, 2:48 am, Alan DuBoff wrote:
    > This month's meeting brings us John Weeks to speak about a new and
    > interesting technology for OpenSolaris. You will hear about the
    > Flexible Mandatory Access Control, a recent project which seeks to add
    > the Flux Advanced Security Kernel (Flask) architecture and Type
    > Enforcement (TE) to OpenSolaris.
    >
    > Joining John Weeks as a leader of this project is Stephen Smalley, the
    > architect of Flask/TE.
    >
    > FMAC can be read about on the OpenSolaris website at:
    >
    > http://opensolaris.org/os/project/fmac/
    >
    > John Weeks works in the SunFed division of Sun Microsystems, and some
    > of you might recognize his name. He was the other engineer that worked
    > with me to assist in bringing OpenOffice and Mozilla products to
    > Solaris x86 before Sun was able to provide them in the base operating
    > system. Things have changed, but John has been there in the trenches
    > trying to provide the community with better software. FMAC shows
    > promise as being yet another great technology which John is trying to
    > bring to your OpenSolaris systems.
    >
    > In addtition to John's presention, I will be giving a short
    > presentation on a QuickStart docment which John created to assist
    > folks in being able to install, setup the tools, grab the sources,
    > build, and install OpenSolaris to an existing system. I will be
    > putting the document up on Genunix soon under a wiki so that we can
    > all add and tailor this document to accomodate the various communities
    > at large. This is targeted as a QuickStart specific, not as a
    > comprehensive document. Look for this OpenSolaris Build QuickStart
    > coming to a wiki near you soon!
    >
    > When: Thursday, March 28, 2008
    > Where: Sun's Santa Clara Campus Auditorium (SCA03 upstairs)
    > What: Introduction to Flexible Mandatory Access Control (FMAC)
    > Time: 7:30pm-10:00pm
    >
    > Web:http://opensolaris.org/os/project/svosug/
    >
    > Hope to see you there, and if not, hope you see us!

+ Reply to Thread