Exceed on Vista ? - Solaris

This is a discussion on Exceed on Vista ? - Solaris ; On Thu, 15 May 2008 13:05:33 -0400 Charmed Snark wrote: > The only thing I haven't worked out yet, is how to get Xterm to switch > automatically to "Huge" font. For now I manually right-click select > Huge for ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: Exceed on Vista ?

    Charmed Snark wrote:

    > The only thing I haven't worked out yet, is how to get Xterm to switch
    > automatically to "Huge" font. For now I manually right-click select
    > Huge for my feeble eyesight.

    Setting

    XTerm*initialFont: 6

    in your Xresources/Xdefaults should do it. No idea where cygwin's
    Xresources file is, though.

    --
    Andrew Deason
    adeason2@uiuc.edu

  2. Re: Exceed on Vista ?

    Cygwin works great! I use putty for ssh remote login and to forward X. It
    is very simple and not a hog like Exceed.

    "Charmed Snark" wrote in message
    news:Xns9A9F852EF923ASnarkCharmedImSure@66.175.223 .2...
    > Huge expounded in news:fsi043$1kh$1@anubis.demon.co.uk:
    >
    >> On 2008-03-27, AZ Nomad wrote:

    >>> cygwin will run an x-server without the overhead of emulation.

    >> It's what I do. Works a treat.
    >>
    >>> Open it's bash
    >>> window,

    >> There's a DOS batch file (giggle) somewhere in the distro called
    >> "startxwin.bat" which runs up the X server and starts bash in an
    >> Xterm.

    > Yep. With a little customization I have that
    > automatically invoked when I login. Then
    > with another custom bat file and a shortcut,
    > I have an icon in the bottom left which
    > brings up a new Xterm session.
    >
    > The only thing I haven't worked out yet,
    > is how to get Xterm to switch automatically
    > to "Huge" font. For now I manually right-click
    > select Huge for my feeble eyesight.
    >
    > But Cygwin's X server is the charm, and gives
    > you a unix like environment to do those other
    > things without a cmd window (like "find"). This
    > is expecially great for company laptops where
    > they don't want Linux installed.
    >
    >> x3270 works well, too, for connecting to those pesky IBM boxes.

    > Heh, heh, I've used that also, but I wished it
    > would support a mouse like Extra!-Extreme does.
    > But otherwise c3270/x3270 is great when you need
    > to script downloads.
    >
    > Warren.

  3. Re: Exceed on Vista ?

    Andrew Deason expounded in news:20080515143550.70b07b6a.adeason2@uiuc.edu:

    > On Thu, 15 May 2008 13:05:33 -0400
    > Charmed Snark wrote:
    >
    >> The only thing I haven't worked out yet, is how to get Xterm to switch
    >> automatically to "Huge" font. For now I manually right-click select
    >> Huge for my feeble eyesight.

    > Setting
    >
    > XTerm*initialFont: 6

    Cool. I just knew there had to be a way.

    > in your Xresources/Xdefaults should do it. No idea where cygwin's
    > Xresources file is, though.

    I'll just add the command line option
    -xrm 'XTerm*initialFont: 6' to my bat
    file xterm command (this works-- yeah)