cdrtool question - Solaris

This is a discussion on cdrtool question - Solaris ; please help me with the syntax of cdrecord that burn DVD/RW with the options of -enabling to refresh (update) an old backup. Also - -enabling viewing and reburnning with the same DVD on nero windows. -enabling multisession writing. Thanks # ...

  1. cdrtool question

    please help me with the syntax of cdrecord that burn DVD/RW with the
    options of
    -enabling to refresh (update) an old backup. Also -
    -enabling viewing and reburnning with the same DVD on nero windows.
    -enabling multisession writing.
    Thanks

    # cdrecord -version
    Cdrecord-Clone 2.01 (i386-pc-solaris2.10) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 J�rg
    Schilling

    # cdrecord -scanbus
    Cdrecord-Clone 2.01 (i386-pc-solaris2.10) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 J�rg
    Schilling
    Warning: Using USCSI interface.
    Warning: Volume management is running, medialess managed drives are
    invisible.
    Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
    scsibus0:
    0,0,0 0) *
    0,1,0 1) 'HL-DT-ST' 'DVDRAM GSA-H42N ' 'RL00' Removable
    CD-
    ROM
    0,2,0 2) *
    0,3,0 3) *
    0,4,0 4) *
    0,5,0 5) *
    0,6,0 6) *
    0,7,0 7) *

  2. Re: cdrtool question

    On Mar 9, 10:16 am, happytoday wrote:
    > please help me with the syntax of cdrecord that burn DVD/RW with the
    > options of
    > -enabling to refresh (update) an old backup. Also -

    There is one?
    > -enabling viewing and reburnning with the same DVD on nero windows.

    Use Nero
    > -enabling multisession writing.

    See below
    > # cdrecord -version
    > Cdrecord-Clone 2.01 (i386-pc-solaris2.10) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 J�rg Schilling

    $ cdrecord -version
    Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a37 (sparc-sun-solaris2.10)
    Copyright (C) 1995-2008 Jörg Schilling

    Im not even sure your version will MAKE a full DVD. At one time you
    had to have a "key"
    to burn DVDs or you only get 2?GB's worth or something. Use the
    Blastwave package and upgrade.

    Secondly the man pages are not terribly clear but the option is -multi
    which says:
    "Allow multi session CDs to be made." Nothing about DVDs.

    If I were you Id invest in a DVD+RW disk and try a few experiments
    till you get results
    consistent with what you are after... If thats even possible

  3. Re: cdrtool question

    quoting usenetpersongerryt@gmail.com (Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:19:32 -0700 (PDT)):
    > $ cdrecord -version
    > Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a37 (sparc-sun-solaris2.10)
    > Copyright (C) 1995-2008 Jrg Schilling
    >
    > Im not even sure your version will MAKE a full DVD. At one time you
    > had to have a "key" to burn DVDs or you only get 2?GB's worth or
    > something. Use the Blastwave package and upgrade.

    I wouldn't. The package builds quite well and installs in /opt/schily.
    this, of course, can be changed ;-)

    --
    Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: 01D2433D
    ++ http://nagual.nl/ | SunOS 10u4 08/07 ++

  4. Re: cdrtool question

    On Mar 10, 1:14 pm, Dick Hoogendijk wrote:
    > quoting usenetpersonger...@gmail.com (Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:19:32 -0700 (PDT)):
    > > $ cdrecord -version
    > > Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a37 (sparc-sun-solaris2.10)
    > > Copyright (C) 1995-2008 Jrg Schilling

    $ which cdrecord
    /opt/schily/bin/cdrecord
    > > Im not even sure your version will MAKE a full DVD. At one time you
    > > had to have a "key" to burn DVDs or you only get 2?GB's worth or
    > > something. Use the Blastwave package and upgrade.

    > I wouldn't. The package builds quite well and installs in /opt/schily.

    You arent happytoday.. ; >
    > this, of course, can be changed ;-)

  5. Re: cdrtool question

    On Mar 10, 11:03*pm, usenetpersonger...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Mar 10, 1:14 pm, Dick Hoogendijk wrote:> quoting usenetpersonger...@gmail.com (Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:19:32 -0700 (PDT)):
    > > > $ cdrecord -version
    > > > Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a37 (sparc-sun-solaris2.10)
    > > > Copyright (C) 1995-2008 Jrg Schilling

    > $ which cdrecord
    > /opt/schily/bin/cdrecord> > Im not even sure your version will MAKE a fullDVD. At one time you
    > > > had to have a "key" to burn DVDs or you only get 2?GB's worth or
    > > > something. Use the Blastwave package and upgrade.

    > > I wouldn't. The package builds quite well and installs in /opt/schily.

    > You arent happytoday.. ; >
    >

    > > this, of course, can be changed ;-)- Hide quoted text -

    You did not tell me about options of refreshing an already existing
    backup ?

  6. Re: cdrtool question

    On Mar 11, 7:29 am, happytoday wrote:

    > > $ which cdrecord
    > > /opt/schily/bin/cdrecord> > Im not even sure your version will MAKE a full DVD. At one time you
    > > > I wouldn't. The package builds quite well and installs in /opt/schily.

    > > You arent happytoday.. ; >
    > > > this, of course, can be changed ;-)- Hide quoted text -

    > You did not tell me about options of refreshing an already existing
    > backup ?

    I never said I would : > I only looked at -multi once and appended
    some newer
    data onto an already partially burned disk. The newer stuff was
    visible the older NOT.
    Hmm not terribly useful
    Other more pressing matters came up - I never followed up on that
    result.
    Which is why I suggested you get a RW disk and try some things
    yourself.
    If something does not work the way you expect you could post details
    here and
    maybe get some valuable input..

+ Reply to Thread