I've got an old Toshiba laptop whose sole failing is being stuck in PIO
4 mode for the single disk drive. I'd like to try to fix this. Looking
at some of the Nevada source suggests this might be possible.

I tried setting "ata-simplex-dma-channel=0" w/ eeprom, but this didn't
seem to have any effect on 1/06. Is it in 8/07?

If not, can one realistically build just the ATA driver from Nevada and
run it on 1/06 or 8/07?

If so, how does one download just the code for the ATA driver and it's
dependencies?

I've ordered the free Nevada DVD, but I'm in another location and won't
get it for a couple of weeks at which time I'll be too busy for a while :-(

Thanks,
Reg