[SVOSUG] Update on Virtualization along with OpenSolaris Governance!02/28 - Solaris

This is a discussion on [SVOSUG] Update on Virtualization along with OpenSolaris Governance!02/28 - Solaris ; This month we have a very special meeting which brings Tim Marsland and Todd Clayton are back at SVOSUG giving an update on Virtualization. With Virtual Box on the scene, the OpenSolaris virtual solutions provide more and better ways to ...

  1. [SVOSUG] Update on Virtualization along with OpenSolaris Governance!02/28

    This month we have a very special meeting which brings Tim Marsland
    and Todd Clayton are back at SVOSUG giving an update on
    Virtualization.

    With Virtual Box on the scene, the OpenSolaris virtual solutions
    provide more and better ways to connect OpenSolaris to other
    environments. This is a very exciting space and both Tim and Todd have
    both been instrumental in driving virtualization in OpenSolaris.

    Along with this special update on virtualization, we will also have
    Ben Rockwood, community member and long supporter of OpenSolaris,
    speaking on OpenSolaris Governance. Ben is always entertaining to
    listen to, and has been involved in the OGB, so I'd like to welcome
    Ben to give his perspective.

    We will be broadcasting over the web through ustream.tv, and hope to
    have things running a bit smoother this month. We hope to have 2
    cameras with one providing an overview of the meeting, and the other
    will pan/zoom.

    Please feel free to ask questions through the chat, you do not have to
    be registered or logged in to use it.

    When: Thursday, February 28, 2008
    Where: Sun's Santa Clara Campus Auditorium (SCA03 upstairs)
    What: OpenSolaris Update on Virtualization
    Time: 7:30pm-10:00pm

    http://ustream.tv/channel/svosug
    http://ustream.tv/channel/svosug-presentation

  2. Re: Update on Virtualization along with OpenSolaris Governance! 02/28

    Just a reminder that tonight is the meeting, please feel free to join
    us on the web if you're not local.

    On Feb 26, 12:55 am, Alan DuBoff wrote:
    > This month we have a very special meeting which brings Tim Marsland
    > and Todd Clayton are back at SVOSUG giving an update on
    > Virtualization.
    >
    > With Virtual Box on the scene, the OpenSolaris virtual solutions
    > provide more and better ways to connect OpenSolaris to other
    > environments. This is a very exciting space and both Tim and Todd have
    > both been instrumental in driving virtualization in OpenSolaris.
    >
    > Along with this special update on virtualization, we will also have
    > Ben Rockwood, community member and long supporter of OpenSolaris,
    > speaking on OpenSolaris Governance. Ben is always entertaining to
    > listen to, and has been involved in the OGB, so I'd like to welcome
    > Ben to give his perspective.
    >
    > We will be broadcasting over the web through ustream.tv, and hope to
    > have things running a bit smoother this month. We hope to have 2
    > cameras with one providing an overview of the meeting, and the other
    > will pan/zoom.
    >
    > Please feel free to ask questions through the chat, you do not have to
    > be registered or logged in to use it.
    >
    > When: Thursday, February 28, 2008
    > Where: Sun's Santa Clara Campus Auditorium (SCA03 upstairs)
    > What: OpenSolaris Update on Virtualization
    > Time: 7:30pm-10:00pm
    >
    > http://ustream.tv/channel/svosughttp...g-presentation

  3. Re: Update on Virtualization along with OpenSolaris Governance! 02/28

    On Feb 28, 1:19 am, Alan DuBoff wrote:
    > Just a reminder that tonight is the meeting, please feel free to join
    > us on the web if you're not local.

    > > With Virtual Box on the scene, the OpenSolaris virtual solutions
    > > provide more and better ways to connect OpenSolaris to other
    > > environments. This is a very exciting space and both Tim and Todd have
    > > both been instrumental in driving virtualization in OpenSolaris.

    > > Along with this special update on virtualization, we will also have
    > > Ben Rockwood, community member and long supporter of OpenSolaris,
    > > speaking on OpenSolaris Governance. Ben is always entertaining to
    > > listen to, and has been involved in the OGB, so I'd like to welcome
    > > Ben to give his perspective.

    > > We will be broadcasting over the web through ustream.tv, and hope to
    > > have things running a bit smoother this month. We hope to have 2
    > > cameras with one providing an overview of the meeting, and the other
    > > will pan/zoom.

    > > Please feel free to ask questions through the chat, you do not have to
    > > be registered or logged in to use it.

    > >http://ustream.tv/channel/svosughttp...el/svosug-pres...

    Many of us tried but for the 3rd month in a row, the sesssion was
    plagued
    with the most trivial technical hiccups making the whole thing a waste
    of time
    for ustreamers. Goodness.

+ Reply to Thread