LD_LIBRARY_PATH problem - Solaris

This is a discussion on LD_LIBRARY_PATH problem - Solaris ; Hi, Running 10 11/06, I'm trying to install helixplayer. Problem is that I get this message: # /export/home/huub/real* Some required libraries seem to be missing from your system. Installation can continue without them, but you will be unable to run ...

  1. LD_LIBRARY_PATH problem

    Hi,

    Running 10 11/06, I'm trying to install helixplayer. Problem is that I
    get this message:

    # /export/home/huub/real*
    Some required libraries seem to be missing from your system. Installation
    can continue without them, but you will be unable to run the HelixPlayer
    without them. You will need to install them (or if they are already present
    you may simply need to update your system's library paths or LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    environment variable.
    libiconv (libiconv.so)
    continue with installation? [y/n]: ^C#

    Searching for libiconv:
    # pkginfo | grep libiconv
    system CSWiconv libiconv - GNU iconv library
    application SMCliconv libiconv
    # find /usr -name libiconv
    /usr/local/doc/libiconv
    # find /usr -name libiconv.so
    /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so

    So what do I set the path to in the root and user profile? I tried these:

    # export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/doc/libiconv
    # export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/doc/
    # export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/libiconv.so
    # export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/

    but none works.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH problem

    On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Huub wrote:

    > Running 10 11/06, I'm trying to install helixplayer. Problem is that I get

    Solaris 10 comes with RealPlayer (aka Helixplayer).

    > So what do I set the path to in the root and user profile? I tried these:
    >
    > # export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/doc/libiconv
    > # export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/doc/
    > # export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/libiconv.so
    > # export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/
    >
    > but none works.

    Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH is very ill-advised. Either use the builting
    RealPLayer, or compile it correctly setting the run path (using -R).

    --
    Rich Teer, SCSA, SCNA, SCSECA, OGB member

    CEO,
    My Online Home Inventory

    URLs: http://www.rite-group.com/rich
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/richteer