solaris nv-b82 on compact flash 8gb - Solaris

This is a discussion on solaris nv-b82 on compact flash 8gb - Solaris ; Hi im installing snv b82 on a compact flash 8gb memory card. Im using an IDE-2-CF adapter with a cfII card, a cfIII would be faster i guess but was unavailable at the store. so far installation is ok, 51% ...

  1. solaris nv-b82 on compact flash 8gb

    Hi im installing snv b82 on a compact flash 8gb memory card.
    Im using an IDE-2-CF adapter with a cfII card, a cfIII would be faster i
    guess but was unavailable at the store.
    so far installation is ok, 51% done after 2 hours.
    Any suggestions ?, partition, raid, etc... :-)
    /Jorgen

  2. Re: solaris nv-b82 on compact flash 8gb

    On Feb 25, 1:21 am, Jorgen Moquist
    wrote:
    > Hi im installing snv b82 on a compact flash 8gb memory card.
    > Im using an IDE-2-CF adapter with a cfII card, a cfIII would be faster i
    > guess but was unavailable at the store.
    > so far installation is ok, 51% done after 2 hours.
    > Any suggestions ?, partition, raid, etc... :-)
    > /Jorgen

    I've tried to do the same with a USB attached HD. The same crappy
    performance more than 6 hours to install.
    I gave up.
    My guess is that the installation program uses the wrong (or not using
    the right) drivers for the device.
    If you know how to load drivers during install process, it can help i
    guess.

  3. Re: solaris nv-b82 on compact flash 8gb

    On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 00:21:14 +0100, Jorgen Moquist wrote:

    >Hi im installing snv b82 on a compact flash 8gb memory card.
    >Im using an IDE-2-CF adapter with a cfII card, a cfIII would be faster i
    >guess but was unavailable at the store.
    >so far installation is ok, 51% done after 2 hours.
    >Any suggestions ?, partition, raid, etc... :-)

    Capitalise I and insert ' between I and m.

    >/Jorgen

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

  4. Re: solaris nv-b82 on compact flash 8gb

    pavelj wrote:
    > On Feb 25, 1:21 am, Jorgen Moquist
    > wrote:
    >> Hi im installing snv b82 on a compact flash 8gb memory card.
    >> Im using an IDE-2-CF adapter with a cfII card, a cfIII would be faster i
    >> guess but was unavailable at the store.
    >> so far installation is ok, 51% done after 2 hours.
    >> Any suggestions ?, partition, raid, etc... :-)
    >> /Jorgen

    > I've tried to do the same with a USB attached HD. The same crappy
    > performance more than 6 hours to install.
    > I gave up.
    > My guess is that the installation program uses the wrong (or not using
    > the right) drivers for the device.
    > If you know how to load drivers during install process, it can help i
    > guess.

    The card gave up, no successful install.
    back to rotating harddisk for the moment.

  5. Re: solaris nv-b82 on compact flash 8gb

    Jorgen Moquist wrote:
    > pavelj wrote:
    >> On Feb 25, 1:21 am, Jorgen Moquist
    >> wrote:
    >>> Hi im installing snv b82 on a compact flash 8gb memory card.
    >>> Im using an IDE-2-CF adapter with a cfII card, a cfIII would be faster i
    >>> guess but was unavailable at the store.
    >>> so far installation is ok, 51% done after 2 hours.
    >>> Any suggestions ?, partition, raid, etc... :-)
    >>> /Jorgen

    >> I've tried to do the same with a USB attached HD. The same crappy
    >> performance more than 6 hours to install.
    >> I gave up.
    >> My guess is that the installation program uses the wrong (or not using
    >> the right) drivers for the device.
    >> If you know how to load drivers during install process, it can help i
    >> guess.

    > The card gave up, no successful install.
    > back to rotating harddisk for the moment.

    repartitioning and reinstalling ok, but wont boot ?
    maybe ill give it a try on the sparc U10.

+ Reply to Thread