problem with solaris (all version) - Solaris

This is a discussion on problem with solaris (all version) - Solaris ; After instalation system can't startup. After loded the grub system try start but is only one effect - system reboot itself...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

  1. problem with solaris (all version)

    After instalation system can't startup. After loded the grub system
    try start but is only one effect - system reboot itself

  2. Re: problem with solaris (all version)

    * anemus :

    > After instalation system can't startup. After loded the grub system
    > try start but is only one effect - system reboot itself

    "Doesn't work" isn't really a helpful description of your problem. If
    you expect someone to provide free support for you, be at least kind
    enough to _exactly_ descript what you did, what hardware you are
    using, what you are seeing, what is happening and what you tried to
    work around the problem.

    Winni

  3. Re: problem with solaris (all version)

    On 16 Lut, 15:41, Winfried Neessen wrote:
    > * anemus :
    >
    > > After instalation system can't startup. After loded the grub system
    > > try start but is only one effect - system reboot itself

    > "Doesn't work" isn't really a helpful description of your problem. If
    > you expect someone to provide free support for you, be at least kind
    > enough to _exactly_ descript what you did, what hardware you are
    > using, what you are seeing, what is happening and what you tried to
    > work around the problem.
    >
    > Winni

    Matherboard(EVGA nVidia650Ultra), CPU(C2D6320), VGA(Asus GF6200),
    RAM(4x1GB DDR2667CL5 GoodRam), HDD(HD321KJ/16MB + SP2004C), DVDRW(SH-
    S162A),
    System I'v tried install on each HDD in different configuration.
    Rebooting is after has been showed info about system version.

  4. Re: problem with solaris (all version)

    On 16 Lut, 17:51, anemus wrote:
    > On 16 Lut, 15:41, Winfried Neessen wrote:
    >
    > > * anemus :

    > > > After instalation system can't startup. After loded the grub system
    > > > try start but is only one effect - system reboot itself

    > > "Doesn't work" isn't really a helpful description of your problem. If
    > > you expect someone to provide free support for you, be at least kind
    > > enough to _exactly_ descript what you did, what hardware you are
    > > using, what you are seeing, what is happening and what you tried to
    > > work around the problem.

    > > Winni

    > Matherboard(EVGA nVidia650Ultra), CPU(C2D6320), VGA(Asus GF6200),
    > RAM(4x1GB DDR2667CL5 GoodRam), HDD(HD321KJ/16MB + SP2004C), DVDRW(SH-
    > S162A),
    > System I'v tried install on each HDD in different configuration.
    > Rebooting is after has been showed info about system version.

    and
    When I choose option with virtualization system is halted on:
    #panic[cpu0]/thread=fffffffffbc3e9e0:
    #cannot mount root path /pci@0,0/pci-ide@f/cde@0/cmdk@0,0:a
    #fffffffffbc70b90 genunix:rootconf+113 ()
    #fffffffffbc70be0 genunix:vfs_mount root+65 ()
    #fffffffffbc70c10 genunix:main+d8 ()
    #fffffffffbc70c20 unix:_locore_stand+80 ()
    #skipping system dump - nodump device configured
    #rebooting....
    Problem with SATA controler?

  5. Re: problem with solaris (all version)

    And (sorry for mail under mail) on the end:
    I'v started system in 32bit mode and nothink

  6. Re: problem with solaris (all version)

    anemus wrote:
    > On 16 Lut, 15:41, Winfried Neessen wrote:
    >> * anemus :
    >>
    >>> After instalation system can't startup. After loded the grub system
    >>> try start but is only one effect - system reboot itself

    >> "Doesn't work" isn't really a helpful description of your problem. If
    >> you expect someone to provide free support for you, be at least kind
    >> enough to _exactly_ descript what you did, what hardware you are
    >> using, what you are seeing, what is happening and what you tried to
    >> work around the problem.
    >>
    >> Winni

    > Matherboard(EVGA nVidia650Ultra), CPU(C2D6320), VGA(Asus GF6200),
    > RAM(4x1GB DDR2667CL5 GoodRam), HDD(HD321KJ/16MB + SP2004C), DVDRW(SH-
    > S162A),
    > System I'v tried install on each HDD in different configuration.
    > Rebooting is after has been showed info about system version.

    So, _what_ have you tried to install? Subject says "solaris (all
    version)" but that's no help. You haven't tried all versions 'cause
    there are hundreds. So, give us:

    1) name and version of what's on your install media.
    2) Brief how you installed it
    3) Layout of disk(s) From above you seems to have one disk but then you
    say "each HDD" indicating more than one
    4) Are you dualbooting and then what grub are you using (Tip: use the
    on from Solaris)

  7. Re: problem with solaris (all version)

    On 17 Lut, 12:44, "Thommy M." wrote:
    > anemus wrote:
    > > On 16 Lut, 15:41, Winfried Neessen wrote:
    > >> * anemus :

    > >> "Doesn't work" isn't really a helpful description of your problem. If
    > >> you expect someone to provide free support for you, be at least kind
    > >> enough to _exactly_ descript what you did, what hardware you are
    > >> using, what you are seeing, what is happening and what you tried to
    > >> work around the problem.

    > >> Winni

    > > Matherboard(EVGA nVidia650Ultra), CPU(C2D6320), VGA(Asus GF6200),
    > > RAM(4x1GB DDR2667CL5 GoodRam), HDD(HD321KJ/16MB + SP2004C), DVDRW(SH-
    > > S162A),
    > > System I'v tried install on each HDD in different configuration.
    > > Rebooting is after has been showed info about system version.

    > So, _what_ have you tried to install? Subject says "solaris (all
    > version)" but that's no help. You haven't tried all versions 'cause
    > there are hundreds. So, give us:
    >
    > 1) name and version of what's on your install media.
    > 2) Brief how you installed it
    > 3) Layout of disk(s) From above you seems to have one disk but then you
    > say "each HDD" indicating more than one
    > 4) Are you dualbooting and then what grub are you using (Tip: use the
    > on from Solaris)

    1. When I wrote all I thinked about: SEXDE 1/08, SEXCE nv_82, S10 8/07
    2. I put DVD in to DVDRW and clik mouse far and far
    3. I try instal with new interface and old also, with manual selection
    of particions and give system free hand in this. I always have one
    disk for Solaris (physical). I tried also spin off another disk from a
    SATA during installation.
    4. I use grub correctly (and correctly version - Solaris mode). I
    changed grub options, started system in 32 bit mode (for eliminate
    problems with 64 bitsdrivers/moduls) and nothin. The some effects.

  8. Re: problem with solaris (all version)

    ps.
    Oh
    I forgot.
    In debug mod system has halted after was load a modul AMD64, during
    has been loading genunix.

  9. Re: problem with solaris (all version)

    anemus wrote:
    > On 17 Lut, 12:44, "Thommy M." wrote:
    >> anemus wrote:
    >>> Matherboard(EVGA nVidia650Ultra), CPU(C2D6320), VGA(Asus GF6200),
    >>> RAM(4x1GB DDR2667CL5 GoodRam), HDD(HD321KJ/16MB + SP2004C), DVDRW(SH-
    >>> S162A),
    >>> System I'v tried install on each HDD in different configuration.
    >>> Rebooting is after has been showed info about system version.

    >> So, _what_ have you tried to install? Subject says "solaris (all
    >> version)" but that's no help. You haven't tried all versions 'cause
    >> there are hundreds. So, give us:
    >>
    >> 1) name and version of what's on your install media.
    >> 2) Brief how you installed it
    >> 3) Layout of disk(s) From above you seems to have one disk but then you
    >> say "each HDD" indicating more than one
    >> 4) Are you dualbooting and then what grub are you using (Tip: use the
    >> on from Solaris)

    > 1. When I wrote all I thinked about: SEXDE 1/08, SEXCE nv_82, S10 8/07
    > 2. I put DVD in to DVDRW and clik mouse far and far
    > 3. I try instal with new interface and old also, with manual selection
    > of particions and give system free hand in this. I always have one
    > disk for Solaris (physical). I tried also spin off another disk from a
    > SATA during installation.
    > 4. I use grub correctly (and correctly version - Solaris mode). I
    > changed grub options, started system in 32 bit mode (for eliminate
    > problems with 64 bitsdrivers/moduls) and nothin. The some effects.

    Seems as if you need to verify your HW compatability. Try to load one of
    the Solaris LiveCD distributions or install some Linux and then run the
    device detection tool from
    http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/hcts/device_detect.jsp

  10. Re: problem with solaris (all version)

    On 17 Lut, 16:59, "Thommy M." wrote:
    > anemus wrote:
    > >> So, _what_ have you tried to install? Subject says "solaris (all
    > >> version)" but that's no help. You haven't tried all versions 'cause
    > >> there are hundreds. So, give us:

    > >> 1) name and version of what's on your install media.
    > >> 2) Brief how you installed it
    > >> 3) Layout of disk(s) From above you seems to have one disk but then you
    > >> say "each HDD" indicating more than one
    > >> 4) Are you dualbooting and then what grub are you using (Tip: use the
    > >> on from Solaris)

    > > 1. When I wrote all I thinked about: SEXDE 1/08, SEXCE nv_82, S10 8/07
    > > 2. I put DVD in to DVDRW and clik mouse far and far
    > > 3. I try instal with new interface and old also, with manual selection
    > > of particions and give system free hand in this. I always have one
    > > disk for Solaris (physical). I tried also spin off another disk from a
    > > SATA during installation.
    > > 4. I use grub correctly (and correctly version - Solaris mode). I
    > > changed grub options, started system in 32 bit mode (for eliminate
    > > problems with 64 bitsdrivers/moduls) and nothin. The some effects.

    > Seems as if you need to verify your HW compatability. Try to load one of
    > the Solaris LiveCD distributions or install some Linux and then run the
    > device detection tool fromhttp://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/hcts/device_detect.jsp

    I run install_check_sx_1.3 and cobatibility status is Y/Y/Y/Y....../Y
    for all devices

  11. Re: problem with solaris (all version)

    On 17 Lut, 17:09, anemus wrote:
    > On 17 Lut, 16:59, "Thommy M." wrote:
    >

    > > anemus wrote:

    > > > 1. When I wrote all I thinked about: SEXDE 1/08, SEXCE nv_82, S10 8/07
    > > > 2. I put DVD in to DVDRW and clik mouse far and far
    > > > 3. I try instal with new interface and old also, with manual selection
    > > > of particions and give system free hand in this. I always have one
    > > > disk for Solaris (physical). I tried also spin off another disk from a
    > > > SATA during installation.
    > > > 4. I use grub correctly (and correctly version - Solaris mode). I
    > > > changed grub options, started system in 32 bit mode (for eliminate
    > > > problems with 64 bitsdrivers/moduls) and nothin. The some effects.

    > > Seems as if you need to verify your HW compatability. Try to load one of
    > > the Solaris LiveCD distributions or install some Linux and then run the
    > > device detection tool fromhttp://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/hcts/device_detect.jsp

    > I run install_check_sx_1.3 and cobatibility status is Y/Y/Y/Y....../Y
    > for all devices

    I see that nobody has any idea.

  12. Re: problem with solaris (all version)

    anemus wrote:

    > On 17 Lut, 17:09, anemus wrote:

    >>>Seems as if you need to verify your HW compatability. Try to load one of
    >>>the Solaris LiveCD distributions or install some Linux and then run the
    >>>device detection tool fromhttp://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/hcts/device_detect.jsp

    >>I run install_check_sx_1.3 and cobatibility status is Y/Y/Y/Y....../Y
    >>for all devices

    > I see that nobody has any idea.

    You're rather impatient. It might help if you answered more of the
    questions.

  13. Re: problem with solaris (all version)

    anemus wrote:
    > On 17 Lut, 16:59, "Thommy M." wrote:
    >> anemus wrote:
    >>> 1. When I wrote all I thinked about: SEXDE 1/08, SEXCE nv_82, S10 8/07
    >>> 2. I put DVD in to DVDRW and clik mouse far and far
    >>> 3. I try instal with new interface and old also, with manual selection
    >>> of particions and give system free hand in this. I always have one
    >>> disk for Solaris (physical). I tried also spin off another disk from a
    >>> SATA during installation.
    >>> 4. I use grub correctly (and correctly version - Solaris mode). I
    >>> changed grub options, started system in 32 bit mode (for eliminate
    >>> problems with 64 bitsdrivers/moduls) and nothin. The some effects.

    >> Seems as if you need to verify your HW compatability. Try to load one of
    >> the Solaris LiveCD distributions or install some Linux and then run the
    >> device detection tool fromhttp://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/hcts/device_detect.jsp

    > I run install_check_sx_1.3 and cobatibility status is Y/Y/Y/Y....../Y
    > for all devices

    I'll say that we need more detailed steps of your installation to be
    able to help. If the install check goes well, I've never had any
    problems (doing hundreds of SXCE installs) so it might be some slight
    mistake that hinders you from the ultimate UNIX experience.

  14. Re: problem with solaris (all version)

    On 18 Lut, 18:20, "Thommy M." wrote:
    > anemus wrote:
    > >> Seems as if you need to verify your HW compatability. Try to load one of
    > >> the Solaris LiveCD distributions or install some Linux and then run the
    > >> device detection tool fromhttp://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/hcts/device_detect.jsp

    > > I run install_check_sx_1.3 and cobatibility status is Y/Y/Y/Y....../Y
    > > for all devices

    > I'll say that we need more detailed steps of your installation to be
    > able to help. If the install check goes well, I've never had any
    > problems (doing hundreds of SXCE installs) so it might be some slight
    > mistake that hinders you from the ultimate UNIX experience.

    This is a key to my problems:
    #panic[cpu0]/thread=fffffffffbc3e9e0:
    #cannot mount root path /pci@0,0/pci-ide@f/cde@0/cmdk@0,0:a

  15. Re: problem with solaris (all version)

    anemus wrote:

    > On 18 Lut, 18:20, "Thommy M." wrote:
    >
    >>anemus wrote:

    >>>I run install_check_sx_1.3 and cobatibility status is Y/Y/Y/Y....../Y
    >>>for all devices

    >>I'll say that we need more detailed steps of your installation to be
    >>able to help. If the install check goes well, I've never had any
    >>problems (doing hundreds of SXCE installs) so it might be some slight
    >>mistake that hinders you from the ultimate UNIX experience.

    > This is a key to my problems:
    > #panic[cpu0]/thread=fffffffffbc3e9e0:
    > #cannot mount root path /pci@0,0/pci-ide@f/cde@0/cmdk@0,0:a

    So what drive is attached there? Does it have power?

  16. Re: problem with solaris (all version)

    CJT wrote:
    > anemus wrote:
    >>
    >> This is a key to my problems:
    >> #panic[cpu0]/thread=fffffffffbc3e9e0:
    >> #cannot mount root path /pci@0,0/pci-ide@f/cde@0/cmdk@0,0:a

    > So what drive is attached there? Does it have power?

    While you're at it, learn to trim!

    --
    Ian Collins.

  17. Re: problem with solaris (all version)

    Ian Collins wrote:
    [...]
    > While you're at it, learn to trim!

    In the old days we used to insert [...] indicating that the response was
    trimmed...

  18. Re: problem with solaris (all version)

    On 20 Lut, 11:06, "Thommy M." wrote:
    > Ian Collins wrote:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > > While you're at it, learn to trim!

    > In the old days we used to insert [...] indicating that the response was
    > trimmed...

    Sorry I'm a lamer but I need help in my problem with solaris

  19. Re: problem with solaris (all version)

    I see that nobody know any solution of my problem. Maby Indiana will
    work on my hardware correctly.
    thanks

  20. Re: problem with solaris (all version)

    On 25 Lut, 17:51, anemus wrote:
    > I see that nobody know any solution of my problem. Maby Indiana will
    > work on my hardware correctly.
    > thanks

    SXDP2 its same problem

+ Reply to Thread