RTL8111B - Solaris

This is a discussion on RTL8111B - Solaris ; In article , Wolfgang Maron wrote: >I have fixed the line in /etc/driver_aliases, but no success. What's the output of these commands? # grep pciex10ec,8168 /etc/driver_aliases # devfsadm -C # ifconfig rge0 plumb John groenveld@acm.org...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: RTL8111B

    In article <60l8dnF1q4re1U1@mid.individual.net>,
    Wolfgang Maron wrote:
    >I have fixed the line in /etc/driver_aliases, but no success.

    What's the output of these commands?
    # grep pciex10ec,8168 /etc/driver_aliases
    # devfsadm -C
    # ifconfig rge0 plumb

    John
    groenveld@acm.org

  2. Re: RTL8111B

    The system installs two lines in /etc/driver_aliases:
    rge "pci10ec, 8169" and
    rge "pci10ec,8110".

    Also with "pciex10ec,8168" no success.

    In /dev are no files rge*.

    How can I build the rge0 in /dev?

    Wolfgang

  3. Re: RTL8111B

    In article <60m3kjF1rfkd5U1@mid.individual.net>,
    Wolfgang Maron wrote:
    >Also with "pciex10ec,8168" no success.
    >
    >In /dev are no files rge*.
    >
    >How can I build the rge0 in /dev?

    rge(7D) apparently does not support that device.

    Remove the alias.
    # update_drv -d -i '"pciex10ec,8168"' rge

    You might try Masayuki Murayama's gani driver

    John
    groenveld@acm.org

  4. Re: RTL8111B

  5. Re: RTL8111B

    The driver rge is not present in /boot/solaris/devicedb/master. I think the
    installation scripts in SUNWrge are not clean.

    Wolfgang

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2