S10U5 beta - Solaris

This is a discussion on S10U5 beta - Solaris ; Tony Reeves sent the Solaris 10 Upgrate 5 beta notice to the Solaris x86 m/l. John groenveld@acm.org *** The new or enhanced features in S10 Update 5 Beta Release to be tested include but are not limited to: Infiniband flash ...

  1. S10U5 beta

    Tony Reeves sent the Solaris 10 Upgrate 5 beta notice to the
    Solaris x86 m/l.

    John
    groenveld@acm.org

    ***
    The new or enhanced features in S10 Update 5 Beta Release to be tested
    include but are not limited to:

    Infiniband flash update tool
    Sockets Direct Protocol (SDP)
    Persistent Group Reservation for iSCSI target
    iSNS Client for iSCSI target
    IP addressing ability for IBTF interfaces
    Graphical User Interface for PostgreSQL (pgAdmin 3)
    Support for download of new firmware into SATA drives
    Support for Enhanced Intel SpeedStep power management technology
    SunVTS 7.0
    SAS multipathing support
    Flash 9
    New Instant Messaging Client (pidgin 2.0)
    Virtual Network Computing (VNC)
    Capping CPU resource usage
    ***

  2. Re: S10U5 beta

    John Groenveld wrote:
    > Tony Reeves sent the Solaris 10 Upgrate 5 beta notice to the
    > Solaris x86 m/l.

    I hope we'll see the stuff mentioned in

    http://softwareblogs.intel.com/2008/...r-opensolaris/

    merged into solaris 10, too

    maybe in U6

  3. Re: S10U5 beta

    John Groenveld wrote:
    > Tony Reeves sent the Solaris 10 Upgrate 5 beta notice to the
    > Solaris x86 m/l.
    >
    > John
    > groenveld@acm.org
    >
    > ***
    > The new or enhanced features in S10 Update 5 Beta Release to be tested
    > include but are not limited to:
    >
    > Infiniband flash update tool
    > Sockets Direct Protocol (SDP)
    > Persistent Group Reservation for iSCSI target
    > iSNS Client for iSCSI target
    > IP addressing ability for IBTF interfaces
    > Graphical User Interface for PostgreSQL (pgAdmin 3)

    When will we have the MySQL GUI Tools??? You've had a whole week now to
    fix that... ;-)

    > Support for download of new firmware into SATA drives
    > Support for Enhanced Intel SpeedStep power management technology
    > SunVTS 7.0
    > SAS multipathing support
    > Flash 9
    > New Instant Messaging Client (pidgin 2.0)
    > Virtual Network Computing (VNC)
    > Capping CPU resource usage
    > ***

+ Reply to Thread