unable to make solaris read write - Solaris

This is a discussion on unable to make solaris read write - Solaris ; newbie question here.. ragarding Solaris. when I try create a directory in "/", i get message saing file system is read only. so I try to make it rw, by using the command "mount -o remount rw /". but this ...

  1. unable to make solaris read write

    newbie question here.. ragarding Solaris.

    when I try create a directory in "/", i get message saing file system
    is read only.
    so I try to make it rw, by using the command "mount -o remount rw /".
    but this does not work. it get the same read only error.

    Can someone help.

    Thank you

    RTR

  2. Re: unable to make solaris read write

    On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:58:32 -0800 (PST), RTR wrote:
    > newbie question here.. ragarding Solaris.
    >
    > when I try create a directory in "/", i get message saing file system
    > is read only.
    > so I try to make it rw, by using the command "mount -o remount rw /".
    > but this does not work. it get the same read only error.

    Are you sure it's saying ro filesystem, not permission denied?

    A bientot
    Paul
    --
    Paul Floyd http://paulf.free.fr