editing gnome menus on solaris 10 - Solaris

This is a discussion on editing gnome menus on solaris 10 - Solaris ; Can anyone advise me how to remove the "Firefox" and "Thunderbird Mail and News" launch icons from the top of the main menu on Gnome Desktop? Thanks....

  1. editing gnome menus on solaris 10

    Can anyone advise me how to remove the "Firefox" and "Thunderbird Mail
    and News" launch icons from the top of the main menu on Gnome Desktop?
    Thanks.

  2. Re: editing gnome menus on solaris 10

    quoting doofus (Thu, 6 Dec 2007 08:19:20 -0800 (PST)):

    > Can anyone advise me how to remove the "Firefox" and "Thunderbird Mail
    > and News" launch icons from the top of the main menu on Gnome Desktop?

    Edit the /usr/share/applications/[name].desktop file and remove the
    X-Sun-Quick-Start from the categories line/

    --
    Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: 01D2433D
    ++ http://nagual.nl/ | Solaris 10 / XDE ++

+ Reply to Thread