Problem configuring 19" screen - Solaris

This is a discussion on Problem configuring 19" screen - Solaris ; Hi, Running Sol. 10 11/06, I want to adjust the settings from 15" to 19". However, the 1280x1024 resolution in kdmconfig gives the wrong frequency so my screen doesn't work. How can I adjust it? Thanks...

  1. Problem configuring 19" screen

    Hi,

    Running Sol. 10 11/06, I want to adjust the settings from 15" to 19".
    However, the 1280x1024 resolution in kdmconfig gives the wrong frequency
    so my screen doesn't work. How can I adjust it?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Problem configuring 19" screen

    Huub wrote:

    >> What's your make and model video card?

    > GeForce2 MX-400
    >>
    >> Will it work with Xorg?

    > Hope so. It always did with the 15" I had to replace.

    BTW, when try to adjust the screen resolution in JDS, I get this message:

    The XServer does not support the XRandR extension. Runtime resolution
    changes to the display size are not available.

    What does that mean?

  3. Re: Problem configuring 19" screen

    In article <47517980$0$12208$e4fe514c@dreader12.news.xs4all.nl>,
    Huub <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> wrote:
    >Running Sol. 10 11/06, I want to adjust the settings from 15" to 19".
    >However, the 1280x1024 resolution in kdmconfig gives the wrong frequency
    >so my screen doesn't work. How can I adjust it?

    What's your make and model video card?

    Will it work with Xorg?

    John
    groenveld@acm.org

  4. Re: Problem configuring 19" screen

    > What's your make and model video card?

    GeForce2 MX-400

    > Will it work with Xorg?

    Hope so. It always did with the 15" I had to replace.

  5. Re: Problem configuring 19" screen

    In article <47519fd7$0$21140$e4fe514c@dreader29.news.xs4all.nl>,
    Huub <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> wrote:
    >GeForce2 MX-400

    Do nVidia's drivers for the Xorg server work for you?

    John
    groenveld@acm.org

+ Reply to Thread