Can I turn off bluetooth? - Solaris

This is a discussion on Can I turn off bluetooth? - Solaris ; I've a Sony Laptop which has a switch to switch on/off WiFi and bluetooth. Under Windows, these can be switched off independently, so there is no need to waste battery power on bluetooth, if only WiFi is needed. Likewisem one ...

  1. Can I turn off bluetooth?

    I've a Sony Laptop which has a switch to switch on/off WiFi and
    bluetooth. Under Windows, these can be switched off independently, so
    there is no need to waste battery power on bluetooth, if only WiFi is
    needed. Likewisem one can turn off on/off the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands of
    WiFi independantly.

    The wireless chip is the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG.

    Is there a way to do the same under Solaris?

  2. Re: Can I turn off bluetooth?

    caveman wrote:
    > I've a Sony Laptop which has a switch to switch on/off WiFi and
    > bluetooth. Under Windows, these can be switched off independently, so
    > there is no need to waste battery power on bluetooth, if only WiFi is
    > needed. Likewisem one can turn off on/off the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands of
    > WiFi independantly.
    >
    > The wireless chip is the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG.
    >
    > Is there a way to do the same under Solaris?

    It looks like the Bluetooth is this the 'ALPS UGX', but I have messages
    about that being unsupported. A google shows this is the bluetooth,

    no driver found for interface 0 (nodename: 'interface') of ALPS UGX 01f7489a

    I don't care too much for the bluetooth, but it would be nice to disable
    it to save power.

+ Reply to Thread