opensolaris b76 xVM - Solaris

This is a discussion on opensolaris b76 xVM - Solaris ; Hi. Installed OpenSolaris build 76 with xVM. Managed to create an opensolaris virtual host without problems, a WindowsXP virtual host with no particular problems, except it runs very slowly (slower than expected, even for XP). I just can't manage to ...

  1. opensolaris b76 xVM

    Hi.

    Installed OpenSolaris build 76 with xVM.

    Managed to create an opensolaris virtual host without problems, a
    WindowsXP virtual host with no particular problems, except it runs very
    slowly (slower than expected, even for XP). I just can't manage to
    create a host for Linux - tried Ubuntu 7.10 and RedHat ES 5. - well the
    host is created, but I can't install anything on it...

    my questions - 1. Is it even possible to install linux on a xVM host?,
    and if so - how?
    2. Is it possible to speed up the XP VM?

    regards
    //Henrik

  2. Re: opensolaris b76 xVM

    Henrik Jacobsson wrote:

    Hi,

    > my questions - 1. Is it even possible to install linux on a xVM host?,
    > and if so - how?

    Yes, see here

    http://home.arcor.de/bnsmb/public/ht...d_Solaris.html

    regards

    Bernd

  3. Re: opensolaris b76 xVM

    Hi,

    > my questions - 1. Is it even possible to install linux on a xVM host?,
    > and if so - how?

    Yes, see here:

    http://home.arcor.de/bnsmb/public/ht...d_Solaris.html

    regards

    Bernd

  4. Re: opensolaris b76 xVM

    Hi,

    > my questions - 1. Is it even possible to install linux on a xVM host?,
    > and if so - how?

    Yes, see here:

    http://home.arcor.de/bnsmb/public/ht...d_Solaris.html

    regards