Re: Solaris x86 version of Matlab - Solaris

This is a discussion on Re: Solaris x86 version of Matlab - Solaris ; On 2007-11-22, Chris Ridd wrote: > On 2007-11-21 20:44:45 +0000, Dave said: > >> Does anyone know the ratio of users of Solaris x86 on Intel to those on >> AMD CPUs? I can't believe Intel is in the minority, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: Solaris x86 version of Matlab

    On 2007-11-22, Chris Ridd wrote:
    > On 2007-11-21 20:44:45 +0000, Dave said:
    >
    >> Does anyone know the ratio of users of Solaris x86 on Intel to those on
    >> AMD CPUs? I can't believe Intel is in the minority, so I'm baffled why
    >> there is no support for Intel CPUs on Solaris x86, but there is AMD CPUs

    > That's an interesting question. During the Dell announcement Schwartz
    > said something about a large proportion of Solaris 10 x86 installs
    > being on Dell boxes, and since Dells are all Intel...

    Erm, no they're not. Dell (finally) started shipping AMD about a year or
    so ago.

    --
    Joshua Baker-LePain
    Department of Biomedical Engineering

  2. Re: Solaris x86 version of Matlab

    On 2007-11-26 19:16:25 +0000, Joshua Baker-LePain
    said:

    > On 2007-11-22, Chris Ridd wrote:
    >> On 2007-11-21 20:44:45 +0000, Dave said:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone know the ratio of users of Solaris x86 on Intel to those on
    >>> AMD CPUs? I can't believe Intel is in the minority, so I'm baffled why
    >>> there is no support for Intel CPUs on Solaris x86, but there is AMD CPUs

    >> That's an interesting question. During the Dell announcement Schwartz
    >> said something about a large proportion of Solaris 10 x86 installs
    >> being on Dell boxes, and since Dells are all Intel...

    > Erm, no they're not. Dell (finally) started shipping AMD about a year or
    > so ago.

    I've obviously not been paying close enough attention to Dell.

    I wonder if there are any stats anywhere of Solaris on Intel vs AMD?

    Cheers,

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2