UltraSPARC T2 - Solaris

This is a discussion on UltraSPARC T2 - Solaris ; I am a very new in this kind of hw, but I wish to get more informatioon on UltraSPARC T2. Are there anybody who know wich are mother boards supported? Can I use it Linux with ? Can I use ...

  1. UltraSPARC T2

    I am a very new in this kind of hw, but I wish to get more informatioon
    on UltraSPARC T2. Are there anybody who know wich are mother boards
    supported?
    Can I use it Linux with ?
    Can I use it with Windowz?

    thank

  2. Re: UltraSPARC T2

    On Nov 15, 2:39 am, Gobo wrote:
    > I am a very new in this kind of hw, but I wish to get more informatioon
    > on UltraSPARC T2. Are there anybody who know wich are mother boards
    > supported?
    > Can I use it Linux with ?
    > Can I use it with Windowz?

    http://www.sun.com/processors/UltraSPARC-T2/

    Please, try to Google a little before asking such easy questions.

  3. Re: UltraSPARC T2

    On 15 Nov., 13:07, "Thommy M." wrote:
    > Please, try to Google a little before asking such easy questions.

    The question is not that silly, actually.

    Windows will obviously not run on a Sparc CPU, by choice of Microsoft,
    but what about Linux?

    I expect Linux (the sparc variants, of course) to run on the T2, but
    it is said that Linux does not perform as well as Solaris on massively
    multithreading architectures. I am not aware of a benchmark that
    proves or disproves that rumor.

    I remember that Linux did nor run out-of-the box on the T1, the
    predecessor of the T2. It needed a kernel upgrade.

+ Reply to Thread