Frimware upgraded D-link 524T cuase hang up with Solaris10_x86 - Solaris

This is a discussion on Frimware upgraded D-link 524T cuase hang up with Solaris10_x86 - Solaris ; Hello, I have upgraded the firmware for my router and I have strange problem with Solaris 10 x86. The router is hang up totally with unix but with windows it works fine. What should I do . I already re-configured ...

  1. Frimware upgraded D-link 524T cuase hang up with Solaris10_x86

    Hello,
    I have upgraded the firmware for my router and I have strange problem
    with Solaris 10 x86. The router is hang up totally with unix but with
    windows it works fine.
    What should I do . I already re-configured the D-link adapter but it
    was usless .
    Any advice ?
    Thanks

  2. Re: Frimware upgraded D-link 524T cuase hang up with Solaris10_x86

    happytoday wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I have upgraded the firmware for my router

    What problem were you trying to solve?????

    >and I have strange problem
    > with Solaris 10 x86. The router is hang up totally with unix but with
    > windows it works fine.
    > What should I do . I already re-configured the D-link adapter but it
    > was usless .
    > Any advice ?
    > Thanks

    Does your router respond to a "ping" from your Solaris box?

    Did the IP address of your router change when you upgraded the firmware?
    Did it lose its configuration?

    Can you restore the old version of the firmware?

  3. Re: Frimware upgraded D-link 524T cuase hang up with Solaris10_x86

    happytoday wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I have upgraded the firmware for my router and I have strange problem
    > with Solaris 10 x86. The router is hang up totally with unix but with
    > windows it works fine.
    > What should I do . I already re-configured the D-link adapter but it
    > was usless .
    > Any advice ?
    > Thanks

    put it back like it was

  4. Re: Frimware upgraded D-link 524T cuase hang up with Solaris10_x86

    On Nov 3, 4:03 am, happytoday wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I have upgraded the firmware for my router and I have strange problem
    > with Solaris 10 x86. The router is hang up totally with unix but with
    > windows it works fine.
    > What should I do . I already re-configured the D-link adapter but it
    > was usless .
    > Any advice ?
    > Thanks

    Troll alert

  5. Re: Frimware upgraded D-link 524T cuase hang up with Solaris10_x86

    happytoday wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I have upgraded the firmware for my router and I have strange problem
    > with Solaris 10 x86. The router is hang up totally with unix but with
    > windows it works fine.
    > What should I do . I already re-configured the D-link adapter but it
    > was usless .
    > Any advice ?
    > Thanks

    Routers have no way of knowing what else is connected to the networks on either
    side of them. The o.s. in use cannot possibly be an issue.

    F.Y.I.:
    Some o.s.-es that do not use IP but do use other network protocols (IP is only
    one out of many hundreds or even thousands that exist) will run quite happily
    using only the local LAN side of the router. (Examples: DECnet, MOP, LAT, SCS,
    etc.) The router, of course, will only pass IP packets to another network
    segment unless it is (or can be) configured to bridge other protocols between
    network segments.

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

    Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/market/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

    Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

  6. Re: Frimware upgraded D-link 524T cuase hang up with Solaris10_x86

    On Nov 3, 2:24 pm, "Richard B. Gilbert"
    wrote:
    > happytoday wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > > I have upgraded the firmware for my router

    > What problem were you trying to solve?????
    >
    > >and I have strange problem
    > > with Solaris 10 x86. The router is hang up totally with unix but with
    > > windows it works fine.
    > > What should I do . I already re-configured the D-link adapter but it
    > > was usless .
    > > Any advice ?
    > > Thanks

    > Does your router respond to a "ping" from your Solaris box?
    >
    > Did the IP address of your router change when you upgraded the firmware?
    > Did it lose its configuration?
    >
    > Can you restore the old version of the firmware?

    Yes I ping and it is alive for the first session but with browsing it
    went died . No I did sys-unconfig with the old Ip-addesses. I
    configured the router after up-grade correctly with my IPS.
    Should I rem_drv to my driver and reinstall it ?
    Thanks

  7. Re: Frimware upgraded D-link 524T cuase hang up with Solaris10_x86

    In article <1194210107.583054.124970@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.c om>,
    happytoday wrote:

    > On Nov 3, 2:24 pm, "Richard B. Gilbert"
    > wrote:
    > > happytoday wrote:
    > > > Hello,
    > > > I have upgraded the firmware for my router

    > > What problem were you trying to solve?????
    > >
    > > >and I have strange problem
    > > > with Solaris 10 x86. The router is hang up totally with unix but with
    > > > windows it works fine.
    > > > What should I do . I already re-configured the D-link adapter but it
    > > > was usless .
    > > > Any advice ?
    > > > Thanks

    > > Does your router respond to a "ping" from your Solaris box?
    > >
    > > Did the IP address of your router change when you upgraded the firmware?
    > > Did it lose its configuration?
    > >
    > > Can you restore the old version of the firmware?

    > Yes I ping and it is alive for the first session but with browsing it
    > went died . No I did sys-unconfig with the old Ip-addesses. I
    > configured the router after up-grade correctly with my IPS.
    > Should I rem_drv to my driver and reinstall it ?
    > Thanks

    I can't offer any advise to explain your problem. But I can mention
    that someone in the MacOS X news groups had a problem routing the
    BonJour protocol which went away when they replaced their DLINK with
    their old NetGear.

    Why not try another router?

  8. Re: Frimware upgraded D-link 524T cuase hang up with Solaris10_x86

    On Nov 5, 3:02 am, Michael Vilain wrote:
    > In article <1194210107.583054.124...@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.c om>,
    >

    > happytoday wrote:
    > > On Nov 3, 2:24 pm, "Richard B. Gilbert"
    > > wrote:

    > > > What problem were you trying to solve?????

    > > > Does your router respond to a "ping" from your Solaris box?

    > > > Did the IP address of your router change when you upgraded the firmware?
    > > > Did it lose its configuration?

    > > > Can you restore the old version of the firmware?

    > > Yes I ping and it is alive for the first session but with browsing it
    > > went died . No I did sys-unconfig with the old Ip-addesses. I
    > > configured the router after up-grade correctly with my IPS.
    > > Should I rem_drv to my driver and reinstall it ?
    > > Thanks

    > I can't offer any advise to explain your problem. But I can mention
    > that someone in the MacOS X news groups had a problem routing the
    > BonJour protocol which went away when they replaced their DLINK with
    > their old NetGear.
    >
    > Why not try another router?
    >
    > --
    > DeeDee, don't press that button! DeeDee! NO! Dee...- Hide quoted text -

    Any advice of speeder one with full compatibilty with Solaris 01_x86.
    Please name vendors .
    Thanks

  9. Re: Frimware upgraded D-link 524T cuase hang up with Solaris10_x86

    In article <1194243535.222701.75760@z9g2000hsf.googlegroups.co m>,
    happytoday wrote:

    > On Nov 5, 3:02 am, Michael Vilain wrote:
    > > In article <1194210107.583054.124...@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.c om>,
    > >

    > > happytoday wrote:

    > > > Yes I ping and it is alive for the first session but with browsing it
    > > > went died . No I did sys-unconfig with the old Ip-addesses. I
    > > > configured the router after up-grade correctly with my IPS.
    > > > Should I rem_drv to my driver and reinstall it ?
    > > > Thanks

    > > I can't offer any advise to explain your problem. But I can mention
    > > that someone in the MacOS X news groups had a problem routing the
    > > BonJour protocol which went away when they replaced their DLINK with
    > > their old NetGear.
    > >
    > > Why not try another router?
    > >
    > > --
    > > DeeDee, don't press that button! DeeDee! NO! Dee...- Hide quoted text -

    > Any advice of speeder one with full compatibilty with Solaris 01_x86.
    > Please name vendors .
    > Thanks

    I couldn't begin to know what your requirements are. You can google
    just as well as I can. For myself, my 8-port Linksys is just fine.
    YMMV.