Afterstep 2.2.7 compile error - Solaris

This is a discussion on Afterstep 2.2.7 compile error - Solaris ; Hi, I ran the configure script with --prefix=/opt/sfw and gcc is in the same location .my system configuration is Solaris 9 x86 with gcc-3.3.2. the configure and make output: AfterStep 2.2.7 IS NOW HOPEFULLY CONFIGURED: Just run : make ; ...

  1. Afterstep 2.2.7 compile error

    Hi,

    I ran the configure script with --prefix=/opt/sfw and gcc is in the
    same location .my system configuration is Solaris 9 x86 with
    gcc-3.3.2.

    the configure and make output:

    AfterStep 2.2.7 IS NOW HOPEFULLY CONFIGURED:

    Just run : make ; make install

    and enjoy your eyecandy
    Other make targets you may find usefull :

    make install.data - installs all the images, fonts, etc.
    make install.config - installs config files only
    make install.menu - installs startmenu files
    make install.data_html - catalogues installed data files
    make install.bin - installs only binaries
    make install.lib - installs libraries only
    make clean
    make distclean

    bash-2.05# make
    bash: make: command not found
    bash-2.05# /usr/ccs/bin/make
    gcc -O3 -DNO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -Wall -fPIC -c ashash.c
    gcc -O3 -DNO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -Wall -fPIC -c aslist.c
    gcc -O3 -DNO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -Wall -fPIC -c asvector.c
    gcc -O3 -DNO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -Wall -fPIC -c audit.c
    gcc -O3 -DNO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -Wall -fPIC -c fs.c
    gcc -O3 -DNO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -Wall -fPIC -c layout.c
    gcc -O3 -DNO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -Wall -fPIC -c mystring.c
    gcc -O3 -DNO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -Wall -fPIC -c os.c
    gcc -O3 -DNO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -Wall -fPIC -c output.c
    gcc -O3 -DNO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -Wall -fPIC -c parse.c
    parse.c: In function `parse_argb_part':
    parse.c:122: warning: subscript has type `char'
    parse.c: In function `parse_hsv_part':
    parse.c:282: warning: subscript has type `char'
    parse.c: In function `parse_argb_dec':
    parse.c:331: warning: subscript has type `char'
    parse.c:353: warning: subscript has type `char'
    parse.c:360: warning: subscript has type `char'
    parse.c: In function `parse_token':
    parse.c:727: warning: subscript has type `char'
    parse.c:732: warning: subscript has type `char'
    parse.c: In function `parse_math':
    parse.c:910: warning: subscript has type `char'
    gcc -O3 -DNO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -Wall -fPIC -c regexp.c
    gcc -O3 -DNO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -Wall -fPIC -c safemalloc.c
    gcc -O3 -DNO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -Wall -fPIC -c selfdiag.c
    selfdiag.c: In function `find_func_symbol':
    selfdiag.c:226: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different
    size
    selfdiag.c: In function `get_caller_func':
    selfdiag.c:674: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer
    target type
    selfdiag.c: In function `print_simple_backtrace':
    selfdiag.c:748: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer
    target type
    selfdiag.c: In function `get_caller_func':
    selfdiag.c:774: error: parse error at end of input
    selfdiag.c:361: warning: `print_my_backtrace' defined but not used
    selfdiag.c:573: warning: `print_diag_info' defined but not used
    *** Error code 1
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `selfdiag.o'
    Current working directory /masood/AfterStep-2.2.7/libAfterBase
    *** Error code 1
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
    bash-2.05#

    I am new to this compiling on unix.

    suggestions are most welcome.

    Thanks in advance.

    Masood

  2. Re: Afterstep 2.2.7 compile error

    Masood Syed wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I ran the configure script with --prefix=/opt/sfw and gcc is in the
    > same location .my system configuration is Solaris 9 x86 with
    > gcc-3.3.2.
    >

    > selfdiag.c: In function `find_func_symbol':
    > selfdiag.c:226: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different
    > size

    Very nasty...

    > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
    > bash-2.05#
    >
    > I am new to this compiling on unix.
    >
    > suggestions are most welcome.

    Get who ever wrote the code to fix it, it looks to be badly written.

    --
    Ian Collins.

  3. Re: Afterstep 2.2.7 compile error

    Masood Syed wrote:

    > [...]
    > selfdiag.c:774: error: parse error at end of input
    > [...]
    > *** Error code 1
    > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `selfdiag.o'

    Check selfdiag.c in line 774 (or around that line) for obvious errors.
    If you don't find any, consider replacing your compiler with one that
    works.

    > suggestions are most welcome.

    Install the SunStudio compiler suite instead of gcc.

    Martin

    --
    "For the Snark's a peculiar creature, that won't
    Be caught in a commonplace way.

+ Reply to Thread