Solaris 10 x86 on VMWare 6? - Solaris

This is a discussion on Solaris 10 x86 on VMWare 6? - Solaris ; Anybody out there running Solaris 10 x86 under VMWare 6? If so, is it working as expected? Any issues I should be aware of before I try it? Thanks in advance. - Scott Smith: liberal-bias@sludgereport.org MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/choppersmith Blue States Rising: ...

  1. Solaris 10 x86 on VMWare 6?

    Anybody out there running Solaris 10 x86 under VMWare 6?

    If so, is it working as expected? Any issues I should be aware of
    before I try it?

    Thanks in advance.

    - Scott Smith: liberal-bias@sludgereport.org
    MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/choppersmith
    Blue States Rising: http://www.bluestaterising.blogspot.com

  2. Re: Solaris 10 x86 on VMWare 6?

    Hy Scott

    Actually i use Solaris 10 X86 on VMware Server 1.0.3 edition
    and i'ts working perfectly

    Michael

  3. Re: Solaris 10 x86 on VMWare 6?

    On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:45:11 -0000, "michael.guirimand"
    wrote:

    >Hy Scott
    >
    >Actually i use Solaris 10 X86 on VMware Server 1.0.3 edition
    >and i'ts working perfectly

    Thanks.

    I'm assuming that VMWare Workstation 6 wouldn't be all that
    much different, would it?

    I'll be running it on a Vista Ultimate system, if that makes any
    difference.

    - Scott Smith: liberal-bias@sludgereport.org
    MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/choppersmith
    Blue States Rising: http://www.bluestaterising.blogspot.com

  4. Re: Solaris 10 x86 on VMWare 6?

    On 31 oct, 08:17, S. Smith wrote:
    > Anybody out there running Solaris 10 x86 under VMWare 6?
    >
    > If so, is it working as expected? Any issues I should be aware of
    > before I try it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > - Scott Smith: liberal-b...@sludgereport.org
    > MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/choppersmith
    > Blue States Rising: http://www.bluestaterising.blogspot.com

    I use Solaris 10 with VMWare 6.0.2 running on Windows Vista
    Enterprise. It works perfectly.

  5. Re: Solaris 10 x86 on VMWare 6?

    S. Smith wrote:
    > Anybody out there running Solaris 10 x86 under VMWare 6?
    >
    > If so, is it working as expected? Any issues I should be aware of
    > before I try it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Works fine. I run VMware on Linux... but should work either
    way you go.

  6. Re: Solaris 10 x86 on VMWare 6?

    > Anybody out there running Solaris 10 x86 under VMWare 6?
    >
    > If so, is it working as expected? Any issues I should be aware of
    > before I try it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    I have issues installing WMWare tools for Solaris (build 70). Can't detect
    Xorg folder and fails installation.

    pedlo

+ Reply to Thread