Share internet - Solaris

This is a discussion on Share internet - Solaris ; I got SUSE Linux on PC no.1 and Solaris 10 on PC no.2. How to share my internet connection with PC no. 2? Connection is ethernet, two NIC's in PC 1. -- gil...

  1. Share internet

    --
    gil

  2. Re: Share internet

    gil wrote:
    > I got SUSE Linux on PC no.1 and Solaris 10 on PC no.2. How to share my
    > internet connection with PC no. 2? Connection is ethernet, two NIC's in
    > PC 1.

    Set up the linux box to do NAT (you would have to ask a SUSE/Linux group
    how) and then on the solaris box use the IP address of the linux 2nd NIC
    as default router.

  3. Re: Share internet

    On Oct 28, 2:44 pm, Oscar del Rio wrote:
    > gil wrote:
    > > I got SUSE Linux on PC no.1 and Solaris 10 on PC no.2. How to share my
    > > internet connection with PC no. 2? Connection is ethernet, two NIC's in
    > > PC 1.

    > Set up the linux box to do NAT (you would have to ask a SUSE/Linux group
    > how) and then on the solaris box use the IP address of the linux 2nd NIC
    > as default router.

    Or you could do the same with the Solaris box. NAT is NAT and is quite
    easy
    to set up by looking at the examples activating ipfilter with
    NAT translation added. Or you could just buy a CHEAP router. Anyway
    not enough info
    to comment further.

+ Reply to Thread