SCSI adapter for Solaris 10u4 64 bit system? - Solaris

This is a discussion on SCSI adapter for Solaris 10u4 64 bit system? - Solaris ; I recently got a DLT7000 scsi drive to hookup. I have some older SCSI cards but they do not seem to be supported in 64 bit mode. I don't want to drop to 32 bits (it's my ZFS file server). ...

  1. SCSI adapter for Solaris 10u4 64 bit system?

    I recently got a DLT7000 scsi drive to hookup. I have some older SCSI
    cards but they do not seem to be supported in 64 bit mode. I don't
    want to drop to 32 bits (it's my ZFS file server).

    Any recommendations on a SCSI adapter that will work in 64 bit mode?
    The HCL will say working even if it's just 32 bits with the ncrs,
    adp*. cadp* drivers.

    I think the DLT maxes out at 8 MB/s so I really don't need even an
    Ultra2 adapter much less a u320 controller for $1000!

  2. Re: SCSI adapter for Solaris 10u4 64 bit system?

    In article <1193148708.999584.86550@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.c om>,
    tbuskey wrote:
    >I think the DLT maxes out at 8 MB/s so I really don't need even an
    >Ultra2 adapter much less a u320 controller for $1000!

    My WAG is the Tekram U320 HBAs will work with mpt(7D).

    John
    groenveld@acm.org

+ Reply to Thread