Recent and latest Acrobat reader - Solaris

This is a discussion on Recent and latest Acrobat reader - Solaris ; I have searched concerning groups for getting Acrobat reader for Solaris 10-x86. I found older versions of Acrobat reader. Could I have the advice for getting the latest version of Acrobat Reader . Thanks in advance....

  1. Recent and latest Acrobat reader

    I have searched concerning groups for getting Acrobat reader for
    Solaris 10-x86. I found older versions of Acrobat reader. Could I have
    the advice for getting the latest version of Acrobat Reader .
    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Recent and latest Acrobat reader

    On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:50:10 -0700, happytoday wrote:

    > I have searched concerning groups for getting Acrobat reader for Solaris
    > 10-x86. I found older versions of Acrobat reader. Could I have the
    > advice for getting the latest version of Acrobat Reader . Thanks in
    > advance.

    http://www.adobe.com

  3. Re: Recent and latest Acrobat reader

    Dave Uhring wrote:

    > On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:50:10 -0700, happytoday wrote:
    >
    > > I have searched concerning groups for getting Acrobat reader for Solaris
    > > 10-x86. I found older versions of Acrobat reader. Could I have the
    > > advice for getting the latest version of Acrobat Reader . Thanks in
    > > advance.

    > http://www.adobe.com

    I think he was hoping for a link to a (page discussing a) Solaris-specific
    version, rather than a fishing expedition.

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

  4. Re: Recent and latest Acrobat reader

    On Oct 17, 3:02 am, David J Dachtera
    wrote:
    > Dave Uhring wrote:
    >
    > > On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:50:10 -0700, happytoday wrote:

    > > > I have searched concerning groups for getting Acrobat reader for Solaris
    > > > 10-x86. I found older versions of Acrobat reader. Could I have the
    > > > advice for getting the latest version of Acrobat Reader . Thanks in
    > > > advance.

    > >http://www.adobe.com

    > I think he was hoping for a link to a (page discussing a) Solaris-specific
    > version, rather than a fishing expedition.
    >
    > --
    > David J Dachtera
    > dba DJE Systemshttp://www.djesys.com/

    No . That link :

    talking about sparc version . Is the sparc platform version works fine
    with x86 platform.
    Thanks

  5. Re: Recent and latest Acrobat reader

    On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 18:19:57 -0700, happytoday wrote:
    > On Oct 17, 3:02 am, David J Dachtera wrote:
    >> Dave Uhring wrote:
    >>

    >> >http://www.adobe.com

    >> I think he was hoping for a link to a (page discussing a)
    >> Solaris-specific version, rather than a fishing expedition.

    AFAIK, Adobe is the only place to get their Acrobat Reader.

    > No . That link :
    > http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
    >
    > talking about sparc version . Is the sparc platform version works fine
    > with x86 platform.

    Sorry, SPARC binaries will not run on x86

    If Adobe's PDF reader is unavailable the Software Companion has xpdf
    available in package SFWxpdf. For most documents xpdf is a completely
    suitable substitute for acroread although some people disagree. YMMV

  6. Re: Recent and latest Acrobat reader

    Hi,

    happytoday wrote:
    > I have searched concerning groups for getting Acrobat reader for
    > Solaris 10-x86. I found older versions of Acrobat reader. Could I have
    > the advice for getting the latest version of Acrobat Reader .
    > Thanks in advance.

    There is none (yet), but pls check this blog and sign up for one.

    http://blogs.adobe.com/acroread/

    /michael

  7. Re: Recent and latest Acrobat reader

    On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, happytoday wrote:

    > I have searched concerning groups for getting Acrobat reader for
    > Solaris 10-x86. I found older versions of Acrobat reader. Could I have
    > the advice for getting the latest version of Acrobat Reader .
    > Thanks in advance.

    Further to what others have said, you might want to try evince,
    a free PDF viewer that works quite well in my experience (it
    ships with relatively recent builds of Nevada).

    HTH,

    --
    Rich Teer, SCSA, SCNA, SCSECA, OGB member

    CEO,
    My Online Home Inventory

    URLs: http://www.rite-group.com/rich
    http://www.myonlinehomeinventory.com