1024x768 resolution - Solaris

This is a discussion on 1024x768 resolution - Solaris ; Could someone please explain how I can switch my resolution to 1024x768? I am using Sol10 on a CMV1515 LCD screen, which is extremely fussy about its refresh rates. After initially using Xorg as xserver, I couldn't get away from ...

  1. 1024x768 resolution

    Could someone please explain how I can switch my resolution to
    1024x768? I am using Sol10 on a CMV1515 LCD screen, which is
    extremely fussy about its refresh rates. After initially using Xorg
    as xserver, I couldn't get away from the default 640x480. I changed
    to Xsun, and from its options quickly managed to jump to 800x600,
    still at 256 colors, but there I'm stuck.
    After much searching I still cannot make hide nor hair of the
    posts I've found suggesting how to do this.
    Firstly, where is Xsun's config file?? I though it had something
    to do with /etc/openwin/server/etc/OWconfig, but apart from
    commented-out examples that file seems to contain nothing to do with
    resolution or color depth.
    My card is a GeForce II MX200, which is an nVidia chipset. I'll
    be happy to get 1024x768 with 8-bit, although 16-bit would be nicer...

  2. Re: 1024x768 resolution

    On 14 Okt., 06:36, diespamm...@nowhere.net.au wrote:
    > Could someone please explain how I can switch my resolution to
    > 1024x768? I am using Sol10 on a CMV1515 LCD screen, which is
    > extremely fussy about its refresh rates. After initially using Xorg
    > as xserver, I couldn't get away from the default 640x480. I changed
    > to Xsun, and from its options quickly managed to jump to 800x600,
    > still at 256 colors, but there I'm stuck.
    > After much searching I still cannot make hide nor hair of the
    > posts I've found suggesting how to do this.
    > Firstly, where is Xsun's config file?? I though it had something
    > to do with /etc/openwin/server/etc/OWconfig, but apart from
    > commented-out examples that file seems to contain nothing to do with
    > resolution or color depth.
    > My card is a GeForce II MX200, which is an nVidia chipset. I'll
    > be happy to get 1024x768 with 8-bit, although 16-bit would be nicer...

    Hey,

    login without X and start kdmconfig. A nice tool tochange
    your graphics, monitor and keyboard.

    Bye

+ Reply to Thread