Solaris 10 hangs up after login...!!!! - Solaris

This is a discussion on Solaris 10 hangs up after login...!!!! - Solaris ; Hi All, I installed Solaris 10 for x86 on my desktop.The system specs are as follows, Intel Pentium D 2.8Ghz processor. Intel D945GNT( Listed on Sun's HCL as supported ) with 82801GB southbridge & 945GV chipset. The installation was successful.I ...

  1. Solaris 10 hangs up after login...!!!!

    Hi All,

    I installed Solaris 10 for x86 on my desktop.The system specs are as
    follows,

    Intel Pentium D 2.8Ghz processor.
    Intel D945GNT( Listed on Sun's HCL as supported ) with 82801GB
    southbridge & 945GV chipset.

    The installation was successful.I got the Grub bootloader menu.Solaris
    x86,Failsafe ,Win Xp options were listed .Win Xp SP2 works fine.

    When i select solaris,I get the following messages,

    "Failed to initialize inband hotplug controller"

    The above message repeats three times & i get the "hostname console
    login"

    Then when the system tries to boot up the GUI screen I get a black
    screen with pink lines(stripes) on top....After this nothing
    happens.The system just freezes up.

    I tried this post in several forums & I tried some of the suggestions,

    1) I tried to disable USB ports in Bios.I saved the settings &
    tried.But still the same problem.

    2) Then i followed Sun's docs & tried to restore a corrupt boot
    archive.Even that didn't fix my problem.

    Is there any other suggestion that i can try...????

    I don't want to reformat & reinstall the OS....

    I would love to see the GUI of my first Unix flavor.

    Somebody Plz help me to get this fixed..

    Thanx & Regards,

    CodeWarrior.

  2. Re: Solaris 10 hangs up after login...!!!!

    codewarrior85 wrote:
    > Hi All,

    Please don't multi-post, cross post if you must.

    --
    Ian Collins.

  3. Re: Solaris 10 hangs up after login...!!!!

    On Sep 19, 4:28 am, Ian Collins wrote:
    > codewarrior85 wrote:
    > > Hi All,

    > Please don't multi-post, cross post if you must.
    >
    > --
    > Ian Collins.

    Am sorry...... Thought that am posting in 2 different groups....Sorry
    once again......!!!!

+ Reply to Thread