vmware tools for solaris 10 - Solaris

This is a discussion on vmware tools for solaris 10 - Solaris ; I made a Solaris 10 for x86 in my notebook, and I'd like know where get vmware tools for solaris 10. Thank You....

  1. vmware tools for solaris 10

    I made a Solaris 10 for x86 in my notebook, and I'd like
    know where get vmware tools for solaris 10.
    Thank You.

  2. Re: vmware tools for solaris 10

    In article
    <1189900824.357226.35630@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.co m>apogeusistemas@gma
    il.com wrote:
    > I made a Solaris 10 for x86 in my notebook, and I'd like
    > know where get vmware tools for solaris 10.
    > Thank You.

    Just about every VMware product I've worked with in recent times
    has the Solaris 10 VMware Tools pre-supplied with the product.
    I'vetried VMware Fusion on my MacBook Pro, ESX 3.0.1 and 3.0.2, and
    VMware Server.

    --
    I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
    You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo

  3. Re: vmware tools for solaris 10

    wrote in message
    news:1189900824.357226.35630@w3g2000hsg.googlegrou ps.com...
    >I made a Solaris 10 for x86 in my notebook, and I'd like
    > know where get vmware tools for solaris 10.
    > Thank You.

    Speaking of VMWare and Solaris 10 u4 08/07.

    After I setup a Solaris 10 VM and start the install, the install hangs at
    the point where it would go about
    partitioning the VMHDD, I think, or asking if I want a customer or default
    install.
    Both the DVD and CD installs hang at the same point.

    Solaris 10 11/06 installs fine in a similar VM, but for some reason the
    network connection is unstable. What does the littel lock
    on the bottom of the VM window mean, it appears closed, but it wasn't always
    that way? VMWare console help was not helpful.

    The host OS is Win2003 EE and the box has 2.5GB of memory a Tyan S2466M-4N
    (?) MB and two AMD MP2000+ cpus.

  4. Re: vmware tools for solaris 10

    "Gerry Sinkiewicz" wrote in message
    news:mTDIi.5371$7P7.1363@newssvr19.news.prodigy.ne t...

    > wrote in message
    > news:1189900824.357226.35630@w3g2000hsg.googlegrou ps.com...
    >>I made a Solaris 10 for x86 in my notebook, and I'd like
    >> know where get vmware tools for solaris 10.
    >> Thank You.
    >>

    > Speaking of VMWare and Solaris 10 u4 08/07.
    >
    > After I setup a Solaris 10 VM and start the install, the install hangs at
    > the point where it would go about
    > partitioning the VMHDD, I think, or asking if I want a customer or default
    > install.
    > Both the DVD and CD installs hang at the same point.
    >
    > Solaris 10 11/06 installs fine in a similar VM, but for some reason the
    > network connection is unstable. What does the littel lock
    > on the bottom of the VM window mean, it appears closed, but it wasn't
    > always that way? VMWare console help was not helpful.
    >
    > The host OS is Win2003 EE and the box has 2.5GB of memory a Tyan S2466N-4M
    > MB and two AMD MP2000+ cpus.

    Little update:
    By installing VMWare tools I was able to get past the issue with network
    timeouts and disconnects with Solaris x86 11/06.

    The hanging install for Solaris x86 08/07 remains.

+ Reply to Thread